Your colour scheme???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dottie View Post
    I've already put up 2 x 6ft trees in the living room.

1st is a modern white tree with white lights, snowball baubles, 2 sizes of mirror baubles and some tiny silver baubles. Finished off with a silver star on top of the tree and small silver crackers in among the branches.

2nd is traditional green tree with white lights, a mixture of red and gold baubles, a mix of red and gold stars, gold rope kind of thing and a mix of red, green and gold crackers, topped off with a red angel.

The traditional tree is next to the fire place, which also has like a green swag type thing drapped over the mantle and has a string of white lights attached and some red and gold little gift boxes.

I enjoy putting up all the extra lights and find it makes the place feel cosy, but I don't have any other decorations up or cards hanging around the place.

Update, now 21 days of having trees up.

This year is the first time I've had a white tree and although it looks nice and contemporary, I've decided that I like the green, red and gold tree much more. It definitely feels more cosy, traditional and christmassy. Which is a little surprising to me, as the white and silver tree fits in so much better with my colour scheme.

Comment

Although we meant to put ours up at the weekend we've still not decorated - think we'll be doing that tomorrow night. The thought of having the room cluttered up for almost a month before Christmas would do my head in

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I've gone for the swedish/natural look this year on a green tree. Painted wooden and felt decorations in reds and beige with some homemade ribbons.
        AKA Angie

Comment

My tree's up - red, gold .... and black!

Yes, sounds different and indulgent; but the black ornaments are almost impossible to see

And very unusually for me, I've switched to lights on to a slow twinkling setting - I normally refuse to have them anything other than static.
          Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

Just been something on the TV about colour schemes for Christmas Day tables - I'm just sat here wondering how anybody would have room for the size of decorations they're making, you can barely find room for the pepper pot on our table by the time all the food is put out and I'd rather eat the roasties than a flower decoration

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

tree's up, with homemade ornaments because I forgot I'd given most of mine to my MIL

and my lights are on a slow blink on and off too

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X