Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want some peanuts with that grandad?

Comment

• Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
      Do you want some peanuts with that grandad?
      Pork scratchings please or a tub of whelks.
      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
      Brian Clough

Comment

• Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
        No I will still get a full pension & a bit more(serps)
        Just checked mine out online. If I was four years aulder I could get 178 nicker a week!!!!!!!

Oh, and mines just a chaser ta very muchly Zaz!
        Last edited by Snadger; 12-11-2010, 10:21 PM.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post

Oh, and mines just a chaser ta very muchly Zaz!
          As usual eh?

Comment

As usual eh?
            Aye.........
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

It's like being in a pub with two old codgers....real ale anyone?
              Make that three.
              All my clothes come from Oxfam (except the ones I make myself). Shoes are normally from eBay (that gets the best ones, the charity shops don't get a look in).

And mine's a pale ale of some description, with cheesy chips
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Even with that Tilly Two-Sheds - you glam the place up [real ale or no real ale].

Comment

• Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                  Perspective:

Population - 61,792,000
                  Working age (16 - 65) = 62% of pop. = 38,311,040
                  Long-term unemployed = 772,000. Less than 2% of the working age population.

These 'scroungers' who are supposedly 'content' to live on JSA are not taking over the country! They, assuming they exist at all, are a tiny minority who may well be a burden on society even if their benefits were cut, through drug abuse, thefts etc etc. The people that these policies will hurt the most are the ones that play by the book, and do not deserve to be penalised.

Frankly, I'm shocked by some of the attitudes being expressed, it seems that the right-wing media are doing a great job of having us all turn on each other
                  Exactly!

To those who think living on £65 per week is cushy.....I suggest you try it, Mr Duncan-Smith!

I've also heard lots of people saying that families just have one child after another simply to get the extra child benefit. To put this in perspective, there are only 900 families on benefit who have 8 or more children. 900 out of a population of 62m.

Comment

• Perhaps all the unemployed should move to where the jobs are.

Ah, that would be London. Which is shipping out all the poor people.

Comment

• Perhaps one way of getting long-term unemployed people (or unemployed people in general) into a working routine and to build their confidence would be to help and encourage them to obtain some voluntary work in the area they would like to work? i.e. if someone wants to work in retail they can work 2 days a week in Oxfam.

At the moment you are penalised and discouraged from doing voluntary work.

Another area which needs improvement is the training on offer. It is pitiful at present. Also, there is no help with applications or cv writing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                        Perhaps all the unemployed should move to where the jobs are.

Ah, that would be London. Which is shipping out all the poor people.
                        Ah yes......."get on your bike/get on the bus".

I wish someone would tell me where this utopian town is that has endless job vacancies!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cosmo and Dibs View Post

Another area which needs improvement is the training on offer. It is pitiful at present. Also, there is no help with applications or cv writing.
                          Actually, when I was on the dole earlier this year - I attended a few free courses and a CV and application and job interview technique course. I applied for a job the next day which I was offered and am still at now.

They are there - it's just you have to dig to find them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cosmo and Dibs View Post
                            At the moment you are penalised and discouraged from doing voluntary work.
                            I made that point earlier in the discussion, but nobody picked up on it.

Originally posted by Cosmo and Dibs View Post
                            there is no help with applications or cv writing.
                            There's plenty of pointers on the Net. This is just one (I'm not recommending it, it's just an eg.)

Comment

Actually, when I was on the dole earlier this year - I attended a few free courses and a CV and application and job interview technique course. I applied for a job the next day which I was offered and am still at now.

They are there - it's just you have to dig to find them.
                              Good on you Zaz. For getting the job particularly - congratulations. But also for having the motivation to find out what's available and making use of it. If you can find free courses and CV/application/job interview training, why can't others?
                              Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

• But, it shouldn't have to be 'dug up' by the JSA claimant. It should be offered, or even compulsory for someone who has been unemployed for 1 year.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X