Good luck cup cake
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
      Good luck cup cake
      cupcake she's not being made redundent as well

Comment

Good luck big 'un with whatever life throws at ya.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post

Chat had with potential new boss.

Now just need to get clarification of my save as you earn package and we're about set...
          Yup, that's exactly what Vedder would do.

Glad you have something lined up...things have a way of working out in the end.

Comment

Hope it all turns out ok for you Wayne. My neice's OH has been made redundant, he finishes in October, he has another job to go to but its 20k a year less, they may have to sell their house.
            Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
            and ends with backache

Comment

Hope the new job works out Wayne and that the redundancy package is a good one. I was made redundant at the end of May and thanks to a decent package have not had to panic about finding the next job yet, although I am looking. Hopefully I will find something in the Autumn as the summer is traditionally a slow period for recruitment. If not well we'll be ok for a while yet and the bonus is more family time until I get something.
              I'm sure Lady Wayne and Bean will appreciate having you around more for the next month or so.

Comment

Only just seen this Wayne. I hope everything turns out as you want it to, best of luck. Hope you get a good enough deal to spend some quality time with Lady Wayne and Bean before you start on the new challenge. I'm sure the future is bright.
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

So...are you a house husband as from today???
                  Strange how things work out isn't it?- just make the most of every opportunity Wayne- not nice for you to have been 'let go'- and clearly other peeps feel the same way....remember not to take it personally mate xx
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Well, today is a new day - the sun is shining and I've come to work in 3/4 lengths and flip flops.

Money-wise, if nothing else changed we could "manage" until the end of the year maximum, but as LW said - she can't see me being out of work (of any description) for that long, even if it means doing any kind of job.

I'm still hopeful that this new position will come to fruition, which would mean a bit of a safety net and give me some time to spend at home between now and then.

There are folk in far worse positions/circumstances than me - I'm fortunate to have a loving, hard working wife supporting me and a gorgeous son to greet me at the end of a day - whatever that day may bring.

Quite fortuitously the following song came on the CD player this morning when I started the car up:

YouTube - Nothing's Gonna Bring Me Down- Paolo Nutini @ Atlanta
                    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Good choice of song mate.

Comment

A horrible, dislocating sort of thing to be made redundant, much worry about finance, how will we live etc. especially if you have a child to think of.
                        It can also be an opportunity to begin a new life.
                        Think of what you would really like to do with your life. Disregard standard of living and think quality of life!
                        Do you really need holidays abroad when you could spend them on your allotment? Or the latest in internet technology when you could read wonderful books(from the library)
                        And all the time you could spend teaching Bean to sow and plant and have fun with him at the same time?
                        Yes, this country still needs someone who could sell ice to Eskimos, but it also needs thatchers, dry-stone-wallers, hurdle makers et al.
                        Well that's my two-penn'orth so I wish you good luck in your way forward. xx

Comment

As one door closes, another opens. Hope it all sorts itself out for you. xx
                          Jane,
                          keen but (slightly less) clueless
                          http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

sorry to hear that. hope it's all sorted out soonest and for the best

Comment

Hope everything works out ok for you Wayne!
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

hope it all turns out for the best
                                The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X