Cinema Vs DVD....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
    The OH and me have been collecting and watching Hitchcock films for ages now.
    Me too, I think I've got 43 out of 60!! Hitchcock rules!!!!

Comment

we have movie night at home most saturdays sometimes people come over to watch them too. We belong to one of those clubs that send you them each month.

Comment

Definitely DVD's. OH likes to go to Cinema occasionally - tried to persuade me to go and see 3D Avatar - as I'm still wobbling round with vertigo anyway I decided to give it a miss!! The price is just silly money now, as a child my parents had a shop directly opposite the Cinema in Paignton - during the school holidays we'd get to see ALL the films, several times!
        Life is too short for drama & petty things!
        So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Don't really do films, never seem to find the time. Was brought up in a town with no cinema before everybody had videos let alone DVDs / Blurays so maybe that has something to do with it. To be honest often prefer watching plays to most of the big budget over hyped films which seem to over rely on special effects.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
            we have movie night at home most saturdays sometimes people come over to watch them too. We belong to one of those clubs that send you them each month.
            We're with LoveFilm, and I'm really loving it actually...

We've got a list of films there that we both want to watch, plus they do TV boxsets as well, so we can pick anything we've missed on TV (24, Smallville etc)

We are on the 2-Disc's at a time plan and fine it suits us down to the ground.

Comment

DVD every time.
              Can't stand sitting with chavs chomping and nattering on the mobile.

Then as someone else said, you pay to park, pay to eat, pay to drink. It's not the money at all just hate the continual extraction of cash from my wallet via hidden extras, a lot simpler if they took a lump sum at the start.

Best bit about watching a film at home is the service is a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpy View Post
                DVD every time.
                Can't stand sitting with chavs chomping and nattering on the mobile.
                Then as someone else said, you pay to park, pay to eat, pay to drink. It's not the money at all just hate the continual extraction of cash from my wallet via hidden extras, a lot simpler if they took a lump sum at the start.
                If "Chavs" start to mess with there phones and natter they get asked to stop, if they don't they get thrown out...end off.
                And when it comes to buying pop, crisps, hot dogs etc, we can definitely sit through a film with out all that rubbish and there's free parking at our cinema.
                It's not all that long ago our cinema was closed, but the council were lobbied and they reopened it.
                We have an extensive D.V.D collection, but we do love going to the pickys .

Comment

I absolutley cannot stand the Cinema!! Not because of the seat that won't ever be comfey no matter how you sit, Someone elses prechewed gum stuck to your new jeans or even the local youths throwing M&M's as the back of your head during the film..(I thought it was funny when i was 15 as well) IT'S THE PRICES!!!

£5.50 please sir...oh by the way you'll be able to buy it in S****burys by next week for 4 quid!!!

Solution: Projector, Screen and surround sound in my front room. My only gift to me out of redundancy moneys and I love my movies BIG.. I can't fault it, apart from the initial expense, although i still think i have saved. Food's better too.

Having said that.. I was cohurst into seeing Avatar 3D a week or two ago at the cinema and it was amazing!!! Love film is a great service as well especally if you fancy seeing something that you haven't seen in years or just missed it first time round :-)

Binley really does Know best!
                  G4-Meteorological mastermind! Stone/String it's all covered!
                  Jeanied- Makes your day complete!!
                  PB- Masteress of Pumpkins!

I Don't Know who Dave is...But he's one cool Dude!
                  I Once was a Tuber but with a little practice!!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCrow View Post
                    I absolutley cannot stand the Cinema!! IT'S THE PRICES!!!

£5.50 please sir...oh by the way you'll be able to buy it in S****burys by next week for 4 quid!!!

Blimey.... I wish I could go to the pictures for £5.50...are you sure thats not the kids price?
                    Its £9.50 off peak and £10.80 peak,(adult) plus even more if its 3D at our local Odeon!!
                    Last edited by northepaul; 22-02-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

northepaul: You're not wrong about asking them to stop but sometimes it makes a little problem larger and you're right about doing without huge drinks and massive cups of popcorn.

My local cinema has actually been nearly all demolished - all that remains is the frontage, its going to be rebuilt at some point, but I haven't seen any movement in months.

What makes me smile about the whole film process is that a film will come out and be hyped up by the stars and everyone else. By the time it comes out on DVD, the same people are calling it a turkey. By which time they've already been paid.

I find it very difficult to sit in one place for long, which doesn't mean I am a "cinema seat kicker", just that I have difficulty in watching something even on TV for over an hour and even then I am usually doing something else at the same time.

The postal DVD services are really good and we have cable which offers movies on demand (used once in 5 years) but the best bit is "catch up TV" and its usually without ads as well.

Comment

Bit of both really, Saw Goodnight and good luck at cinema one wet Saturday afternoon - Fab- it is a black and white film, which I now have on DVD but it was lovely to go to pictures in the afternoon. We saw Love Actually at cinema just before Christmas a few years back that was fab too.
                        For me - it really depends on the film some are just better at cinema on a huge screen or are as much about the whole day out thing!
                        and then there are films that we waited for and bought as DVD's which are just as nice watched in the comfort of my lounge!
                        So, yes it's a little of both for me.

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
                          Blimey.... I wish I could go to the pictures for £5.50...are you sure thats not the kids price?
                          Its £9.50 off peak and £10.80 peak,(adult) plus even more if its 3D at our local Odeon!!
                          I'm guessing thats the 'Bargain Tuesday' price, am I right DC?

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin Becki View Post
                            I'm guessing thats the 'Bargain Tuesday' price, am I right DC?
                            Right you are!

Binley really does Know best!
                            G4-Meteorological mastermind! Stone/String it's all covered!
                            Jeanied- Makes your day complete!!
                            PB- Masteress of Pumpkins!

I Don't Know who Dave is...But he's one cool Dude!
                            I Once was a Tuber but with a little practice!!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCrow View Post
                              Right you are!
                              Aah see, that's coz I'm only allowed to go if its Bargain Tuesday.

Comment

Bizarrely I was watching something last night (might have been the Gadget Show) and I saw a clip/mention of The A-Team film, and then during the ad break there was a trailer for a fillum called Shutter Island.

I sent a text to my film buff mate along the lines of "The A-Team film!? *expletive* and that I liked teh look of Shutter Island. He replied back asking which rock I had been under recently and then asked if I'd like to go and watch Shutter Island with him as his wife didn't fancy it.

I haven't been to the cinema in - well over a year. It gets mentioned on here yesterday and I post, then the same evening my mate invites me to go watch a film.

Bizarre.
                                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X