No announcement yet.

Creative or Crafty? Care to Share?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I can't say that I am crafty, but I am trying. Mr BP popped the question on 1st Jan (WWOOO HOOOO!!), so I am in the process of organising a wedding. The cost of anything wedding related is just silly, so I'm trying to make a few bits, both to save on cost and to add a little personal touch to the proceedings.
    So far I have cut out 90 (yes 90!!) small popcorn type boxes for our sweetie table (we are having this rather than puddings in the evening).
    I'm also just painting some large free standing letters which spell "Sweet Love" for the said table.
    I've got a number of other bits on the to do list, including favour boxes for the girls (I've brought a job lot of minature glass perfume bottles back from our last trip from Egypt), favour wallets for the boys, Order of Service, table plan, place cards etc.
    I'm not too sure whether I am brave enough to try the invites though!!
    Feeling a little overwhelmed by the thought of it all at the mo, I must confess!

Comment

Wow!!!!

WOW!!! Creemteez they are fabulous! (and isn't it great when you get the hang of photies!?)

I made a gingerbread house for friends at Christmas when we had a present-for-the-whole-family-for-£5-or-less contest. I didn't think to take pics of it, but they might have so I'll ask.

Bagpuss, your wedding will be all the more special with all your handcrafted things. All of the card mags have features on invitations, you might find some inspiration for a quick & easy design there.

Jules
      Last edited by julesapple; 14-02-2010, 03:24 PM.
      Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Well, I can't say that I am crafty, but I am trying. Mr BP popped the question on 1st Jan (WWOOO HOOOO!!), so I am in the process of organising a wedding. The cost of anything wedding related is just silly, so I'm trying to make a few bits, both to save on cost and to add a little personal touch to the proceedings.
        So far I have cut out 90 (yes 90!!) small popcorn type boxes for our sweetie table (we are having this rather than puddings in the evening).
        I'm also just painting some large free standing letters which spell "Sweet Love" for the said table.
        I've got a number of other bits on the to do list, including favour boxes for the girls (I've brought a job lot of minature glass perfume bottles back from our last trip from Egypt), favour wallets for the boys, Order of Service, table plan, place cards etc.
        I'm not too sure whether I am brave enough to try the invites though!!
        Feeling a little overwhelmed by the thought of it all at the mo, I must confess!
        Congratulations Mr. Bagpuss and best wishes Bagbuss. May it be the first day of a joyful and happy life together.

Comment

Thank you Brengirl, that's so lovely
          x

Comment

My wife's the crafty one. She makes soft animals like this; Peep the meerkat.

And Oggy the tarsier (inspired by Nick Baker's TV programme "Weird creatures")

Last edited by Nicos; 17-12-2013, 03:59 PM. Reason: removal of link
            Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Congrats Bagpuss.

I made my invites, but just kept them simple. Used a nice font on some good quality cream paper. Thankfully I had matching envelopes which I printed addresses on too.

I had a magazine article which gave me ideas for the wording and just played around on the puter till we had something we liked.

I also made paper cones to hold confetti which I made out of drying flower petals from the garden - the cost to buy them is just mad. Made my own for pence using the same cream paper that the invites were printed on and some sheets of paper that had dried flowers pressed into it. One A4 sheet made 4 cones and I printed our names and the date in rows so they were personalised. Two small wicker baskets to hold them cost me £3 each.

I did also have idea to make cake, but didn't in end but can heartily recommend Waitrose. I went for plain iced celebration cake and we put our own decorations on them. Cake stand was hired for fiver from local florist. The cakes themselves were lovely, sponge was moist and rich, and the fruit one had a nice light touch - not a brick as some can be.
              Last edited by kirsty b; 14-02-2010, 04:35 PM.
              Kirsty b xx

Comment

Gosh, Capsid - you married a very talented lady! Those creatures are gorgeous!
                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

I made a rather crude trellis today out of wood pruned from a chestnut tree last month. It was really just an excuse to be working outside and taking advantage of some sunshine. I tried to get clever and use dried pampass grass to bind it together, but rather than rip my fingers to bloody shreds, I opted for twine instead.
                  http://www.greenlung.blogspot.com
                  http://www.myspace.com/rolandfrompoland

Comment

WOW everyone on here is so talanted!
                    I always wished I could make clothes, like you TS, but I could never get to grips with sewing Machines - (left handed) and cake decoration like yours Creemteez are an artform in themselves! (Glad about the comp by the way.)
                    Jeanie - bookbinding is great fun and not too difficult - infact I have a book on it, that your are welcome to have - although its aimed at kids, and I dont mean anything by that .
                    Mrs Capsid does such beautiful toys, are they aimed at kids or meant for a more grown up market?

Comment

Up to a few years ago when I dumped my sewing machine I was always making something or other. I sort of dressed my own kids and their kids. I liked to keep ahead of fashion and it would always be trendy stuff.
                      A few years back, when we were strapped for cash, I made a small income from making fashionable 16+ garments. I even made my own label
                      "Pretty Big". My sewing room was a cupboard under the stairs lol. Never mind those days are passed but I remember them well.

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
                        Mrs Capsid does such beautiful toys, are they aimed at kids or meant for a more grown up market?
                        They contain small parts so aren't suitable for children under 14. They are aimed at the collector's market really, but they still enjoy a hug.
                        Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Those cakes - and surrounding biscuits - look fabulous. Two Sheds, I used to make clothes but no longer wear dresses. I make waistcoats and jackets instead - patchwork of course!
                          I love those animals - so professional.
                          Northpaul, I'm sure your crude trellis is a work of art too!
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thanks for the compliments grapes.
                            Congratulations BP! It's so nice to add your own personal touch to your wedding - and you have the bonus of knowing that no-one else on the planet has got the same as you!
                            I truly envy those of you who can sew. I seem to sprout ten big toes from my hands when it comes to sewing. My friend still dines out on the fact that I once managed to sew an apron I was making in needlework to the skirt of my school uniform! Doh!
                            LU-RR-VVE the cuddly Meercat! Bet he wasn't "Simples!" to make!
                            When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
                              I've always fiddled around with different things, but don't kid myself that I'm doing anything that deserves a price tag! Loads of the handcrafted stuff I've seen over recent years looks so similar, as the fixings are so accessible now, and the 'good' stuff stands out a mile. I tend now to pour any creativity into doing crafts and things with our little girl, now she's almost old enough to be a bit creative, and we do tons of cutting and sticking, painting and glittery stuff.

I do fancy having a bash at sewing though - I want to try and make a cushion, and was going to ask for suggestions for a basic machine to buy, if anyone wants to point me in the right direction. Not too expensive, in case it ends up at the back of the cupboard. Which it might do.
                              I got my sewing machine in sheffield for £20 from ebay.

Comment

I started making jewellery a couple of years ago. It's great if you have to sit down for long periods of time and so addictive!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X