Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once got in a huge arguement with a girl from work over the odds of the national lottery. I claimed that if you chose number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 you had the same chance of winning as any other number. This IS a fact, but she argued that because those number were all white balls and th majority of the other numbers were other colours that they were less likely to come out.
    Anyone with 2 braincells to rub together knows that the colour of the balls makes no difference and is just there so you can identify the balls slightly more easily, but she wouldn't drop it and in the end we both got really heated and I had to let it go.

Sometimes, it seems, it doesn't matter how much you know you're right. It doesn't matter how many sources you've studied and how many different ways you can prove your case, you're just not going to change someone's mind.
    I KNOW that I'm right in this instance, but it seems there are others who disagree and they KNOW that they're right.

The solution has been explained more times over than I can be bothered to continue reading from both sides to an extent that, what started out as a fun game, has frankly become depressing.

I'm done.
    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
    Snadger - Director of Poetry
    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

I agree Ollie.

And as it's a lovely day, the birds are singing I can't see this going anywhere but round in more circles.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X