And So It Begins...The Big Thaw!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowing very heavily here - and sticking. Boo! more snow
    Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

We've still got 5 or 6 inches of snow in the garden, its starting to go a bit slushy so hopefully it will soon be gone.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

The big thaw???

We've got blizzards here!!
        1" snow fallen in the past hour with high winds..hope OH can get back from work!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

We've also had well over an inch in the last hour or so and it shows no sign of letting up.
          Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

As long as the big thaw when it comes is a slow one there will be no problem it is the fast thaws that cause all the flooding ....jacob
            What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
            Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
              As long as the big thaw when it comes is a slow one there will be no problem it is the fast thaws that cause all the flooding ....jacob
              Yup- and the burst pipes!!!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

what worried my OH ! he passed a waggon on the motorway stacked up with sand bags ! is it floods next ???

Comment

The pipes burst when the water freezes, you find out about it when it thaws......
                  It was .... interesting, driving through France on Friday (Toulouse to Caen). Slightly less difficult than going the opposite way on Dec 18th.....
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

What thaw? It's still absolutely freezing and we were all skating about on icy roads and pavements this morning. A & E was jam packed with the victims of accidents on the ice. Roll on spring.
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

We're the same FF, I posted a link earlier from the BBC website about how they'd been 70crashes up to lunch time because Of the snow in Derbyshire

Comment

It's awful Bren, people were even falling in the grounds of the hospital.
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hadn't the area been gritted, when you're on your way into hospital falling again is the last thing you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                            What thaw? It's still absolutely freezing and we were all skating about on icy roads and pavements this morning.
                            That'll include us then...took the little ones to playgroup for a couple of hours this morning. We live next-door-but-two to the hall where it takes place - took us nearly 15 minutes and several falls!

Snowed all day again here, but going to shove double pram to Tesco tomorrow (about 1.5 miles) so setting aside most of the day for that! I might fashion some form of snow plough on the front...

Mr R has meeting in London tomorrow and I'm still hoping it might cancel.
                            I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Rhona the other day someone came past our house with a buggy tie wrapped to a sledge, thought it was a really good idea.

Comment

Well in my patch it was fluffy snow on and off all day, on top of slush. Very pretty, and it was best to stick to driving on the main roads which have all been gritted, so are mostly clear. If it freezes into black ice tonight I think it will be another story. I passed two home-made signs in the road today warning drivers that there is black ice on the road - now how public spirited is that!
                                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X