No announcement yet.

What is Love?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love is getting out of bed early on a cold morning ( before thw heating is on) to make your other half a cup of tea - when you don't want one yourself...

Comment

Originally posted by Madasafish View Post
      Love is getting out of bed early on a cold morning ( before thw heating is on) to make your other half a cup of tea - when you don't want one yourself...
      The point being you want to please the one you love. And, by accepting, shows love.

Comment

Love is...acknowledging the other persons weaknesses and instead of criticizing them ,supporting them.

Ultimate team work!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by beefy View Post
          Didn't notice your post at first but it certainly means a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Madasafish View Post
            In my practical year before starting at Agri College, I worked on a hill farm in Perthshire. The boss' wife used to go to bed half an hour before him to warm his side of the bed, and when the milk was delivered in the mornings, she used to take off all the cream for his breakfast - I'm still looking for a woman like that !!
            Rat

British by birth
            Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
            http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
              In my practical year before starting at Agri College, I worked on a hill farm in Perthshire. The boss' wife used to go to bed half an hour before him to warm his side of the bed, and when the milk was delivered in the mornings, she used to take off all the cream for his breakfast - I'm still looking for a woman like that !!
              That tells me you are a wannabee taker lol. Just tell how you are a giver..

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
                That tells me you are a wannabee taker lol. Just tell how you are a giver..
                Nah, not really a wannabe taker - I was absolutely stunned that a woman would do that for her husband in the first place. If I even suggested it to my darling wife she'd crack me over the head with an empty wine bottle. Materially, I give my family as much as our situation allows, but more than that I give them myself - whatever time of day or night they know that I will be there for them - they don't even have to ask. Both Iona and Niamh suffer night terrors and I always get up to deal with it so Maggie can get some more sleep - I'm used to less sleep so it's not too much of a hardship, but it can be quite disturbing every so often to see your kids in such a state. I tell my wife and girls how much they mean to me every day. When I was running the box scheme, I became a bit obsessive about work but since that has finished we spend a lot more time together as a family and it has had a real beneficial effect on both the marriage and the kids.
                Rat

British by birth
                Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]
                  Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
                  Nah, not really a wannabe taker - I was absolutely stunned that a woman would do that for her husband in the first place. If I even suggested it to my darling wife she'd crack me over the head with an empty wine bottle. Materially, I give my family as much as our situation allows, but more than that I give them myself - whatever time of day or night they know that I will be there for them - they don't even have to ask. Both Iona and Niamh suffer night terrors and I always get up to deal with it so Maggie can get some more sleep - I'm used to less sleep so it's not too much of a hardship, but it can be quite disturbing every so often to see your kids in such a state. I tell my wife and girls how much they mean to me every day. When I was running the box scheme, I became a bit obsessive about work but since that has finished we spend a lot more time together as a family and it has had a real beneficial effect on both the marriage and the kids.
                  [IReckon I will have to give you a [/I]

Comment

At the moment love hurts!! A lot. Found out at the weekend that my ex BF (who I still love to bits) is going out with one of my best friends.

You'd think I'd be over all this angst at my age but it hurts as much now as when I was a teenager .
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X