What Did You Get For Christmas???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Sarz

Will read it when I get time.!!..so much to do..!

Comment

I've been racking my brains trying to remember what Sis got me. I've even been through the bins looking for tags.

I can't find one, because she didn't get me anything. And now I come to think of it, she didn't thank me for the box of presents I dropped off at hers last week. Maybe they were really awful presents.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Ne'er mind T_S, one of my sisters referred to my home-made hamper gifts as "Sar's Jam Mountain" just before Christmas! Gutted! And I've not had anything from any of my 3 sisters.

But, the pressies off my kids more than make up for it I was up til 5 this morning reading one of the books off my eldest
        Last edited by SarzWix; 30-12-2009, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Starting to feel glad I don't have sisters! My big bros got me a 20 quid RHS voucher so I am off to Wisley in a couple of days with my SiL. YAY!
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

SArz. I would have loved a jam and chutney mountain! Even more if my sis had made them!
            Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

My brother was quite upset that I didn't give him some of my glutney but cheered up when he started on the fruit alcohol infusions!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

My bro and sis in law gave me some perfume which doesn't look 'quite right' if you get my drift. No idea where they got it from and don't think I want to! And a battered box with some really weird looking dollies in. Turns out they are pomanders?! Think they got my present muddled with my 89 yr old grans lol. OH got the same type of aftershave they got him last year, and he told them last year he doesn't wear aftershave!

I gave them, a really nice corkscrew, a bottle of hot hot hot chilli sauce (bro is chilli head and I mail ordered this for him), some nice perfume for her and a belt, and some homemade chocs and biscuits.

Think will just nip down the charity shop for them next year... bah humbug.

Comment

I know how you feel JaneyO, but it just goes to show we're all different.

Get ready to be offended by an ungrateful Moo - here goes...

I received, from a close family member (who really should know me soooo much better), day cream, night cream, and some other similar noxious substance, all in a vile little bag. It's to keep in the Caravan, so I don't have to take my 'usual' stuff from the house when we go caravanning. Just because this person spends an hour each day rubbing-in potions before walking the dog, doesn't mean I do

OK, I admit that I'm the wrong side of 40, and I do have wrinkles (and many more later in the year if I manage to lose any weight LOL!), but I'm not that paraniod or vain about my appearance that I'm prepared to waste time and money on expensive excreta to rub into my face and block my pores.

Is it just me, or do other Grapes have rellies who are aliens?

With apologies to all aliens
                  Last edited by Glutton4...; 30-12-2009, 08:54 PM.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Glutton you wanna swap for some weird looking pomanders? lol Might make the caravan smell luverley!

I am not an ungrateful person, but it reall annoys me when I put thought and effort and time into pressies and get something totally opposite. I would rather have nothing but a card instead. I get so fed up with m-in law, luckily (and I don't actually mean that in a nasty way - see previous years threads on some of the horrors she has given me), she was too ill to go shopping this year so we all got cheques.
                    It does however annoy me, my OH, and my mother greatly that she insists on treating me and my OH differently, he had 4 times as much in his cheque than me! My mum treats me and OH to the same value.

Now OH tells me we should pool it and get 'something for the new extension'... errr no thanks, afterall he goes out to work and buys himself pretty much whatever he likes so I am going to get me something I want this year!

And breathe............ lol, sorry got a bit carried away!

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                      My bro and sis in law gave me some perfume which doesn't look 'quite right' if you get my drift. No idea where they got it from and don't think I want to! And a battered box with some really weird looking dollies in. Turns out they are pomanders?! Think they got my present muddled with my 89 yr old grans lol. OH got the same type of aftershave they got him last year, and he told them last year he doesn't wear aftershave!

I gave them, a really nice corkscrew, a bottle of hot hot hot chilli sauce (bro is chilli head and I mail ordered this for him), some nice perfume for her and a belt, and some homemade chocs and biscuits.

Think will just nip down the charity shop for them next year... bah humbug.
                      I know it probably sounds daft but are you sure that they didn't spend time and effort thinking of something you would like but just got it wrong and are you actually 100% sure that they liked what you got them? Just because you think that the corkscrew etc is really nice doesn't mean that they do. They may be having a similar conversation with their friends asking why on earth you bought them a fancy one when they already had one for £1.99 that does the same job? Funnily enough me and OH were having a similar conversation the other night in trying to work out if one of my relatives was useless or thoughtless. I prefer to think useless as it is the less stressful of the options but I'm not really sure

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

It's a mums and their sons thing Janeyo, my MIL has always given me and my daughters battered boxes of smellies whilst OH gets a 'proper' pressie costing much more. For several years she did give him aftershave as well, which always made me laugh cos he's had a beard for over 20 years!

Comment

I know he liked it Alison cos he used mine in the summer at a party here (the same corkscrew) and raved about it all night!
                          And his wife got what I was told to get her by him!

Comment

I agree Alison, up to a point. But the same person who gave me the 'useless' present also gave me a Christmas card with a cute little fluffy golden-coloured puppy on, a month after having my old Retriever put to sleep. Some people are just totally thoughtless!
                            Last edited by Glutton4...; 30-12-2009, 10:41 PM.
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

It just upsets me when I think I am always seem to be the 'left over person', but hey ho, plenty of people worse off than me so I will shut it now

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X