No announcement yet.

What Did You Get For Christmas???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey dere brengirl, a big congrats 2 you, u have got the perfect present, all the best to the new mammy..

Comment

My son cooked me breakfast.
      I had lots of quality time with him and really enjoyed the day.
      We ate curry for lunch followed by our favourite pud. When Mr Miffy came back from his shift at the hospital we watched The Gruffalo on tele and had some wonderful cheese and biscuits.
      Presents i had one from my mum who refused not to buy me one, everyone else donated money to a homeless charity on my behalf as i have absolutely everything i could possibly need here at home.
      Happy Christmas everyone.
      When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Congratulations to Bren, can't top that But this Christmas was nice and quiet. Mr Frosty was released early from hospital due to weather and we decided on Christmas Eve to go to the village green as some of the villagers had arranged some outdoor (-9C) carol singing around the Christmas tree. We sang Away in a Manger and then re sang it as one of the tots (knee high to a grasshopper) had learnt some actions to go with the song. Last song was We Wish You A Merry Christmas, which we all sang with gusto until the final line which was "so bring us some clootie dumpling" eh? The lady who had arranged the carol singing had made clootie dumpling Delish! Christmas Day was lovely and quiet and the T-Loop system I installed for Mr Frosty worked. Started reading the book I received from my Secret Santa. Nope, couldn't have had a better day. Hope everyone had a lovely day.

Comment

Congrats to the new arrival!

I got a DIAMOND RING!!!!! A beautiful half carat eternity ring. Mum asked OH if that meant we had set a 'date' lol and he said let's get the extension finished first. (progress methinks lol). He says we are dong things backwards - after 2 children and 3 houses, 6 chooks and 3 cats, I get an eternity ring first!

shame it's not quite big ebough but hey ho

Comment

Congrats bren the best present ever.
            I have alreadt said in another thread what I got, my sons and daughter are wonderful must just say it was my 13yr old daughter that came up with the idea, she is always telling her 22 to 30 yr old brothers what to get and reminds them about birthdays etc.
            Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
            and ends with backache

Comment

Congrats Brengirl, Baby Riley does look a cutie.

Me and Mr in Pots do silly gifts, this year we had to buy 3 prezzies for £1, so I received a blowing bubbles gun, model car to build and a eyelet setter. He had a tin of sweets, box of elastic bands and a magic set.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
                I would LOVE to know what you think of this book - it's one of my all time favourites (from my favourite author), but I have yet to meet anyone else who either read it, or liked it ... I think it's stunning. It's probably be Christmas 2012 by the time you finish it, but do let me know.

Rhona,I have read quite a few mixed reviews of Ishiguro's Unconsoled, however I always keep an open mind when it comes to his work because he never fails to surprise me. I love the subtle way he leads the reader.
                It does have to join the queue of other books, and I only read at night, so it takes a few months!
                I am really chuffed to meet another Ishiguro fan

Comment

Congratulations Bren, what a lovely gift. I was shocked, suprised and absolutely delighted when my OH gave me Chanel No 5! Lots of gardening prezzies and stuff for the bath when having to soak an aching back!
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

We had a lovely day This year is the first that the kids have bought presents with their own money (saved pocket money from Grandad) and they have stunned us both, they really have! I've had a hooge box of Thornton's choccies, a hot chocolate set incl. mug, and books from one of my favourite authors

From the OH I've had a new chair & a mini lamp for my desk, some mini speakers and a bag for my ickle lappy!

And, just to top it all off, my bestest mate has bought tickets to see Fun Lovin' Criminals in Leeds in March!! Phwooooaaaaarrrrrr!!!! I'm a very lucky girl!

That's what I'm 'Phwoooaaaarrrring' at...!
                    Last edited by SarzWix; 26-12-2009, 02:49 PM. Reason: Adding Huey Morgan pic...

Comment

I know I'm hijacking but I just had to add another Phwooaaarrrr
                      Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

I shant phwoooaaarrrr for heterosexual reasons, but now have sobered up enough I will change what my besterest Christmas pressie was.
                        Arrived at friends last night to be greeted by the news that after 12 years and 2 kids, my mate had proposed to his Mrs at the dinner table, with all their family round them.
                        I felt very priveliged to have shared their first evening as an affianced couple. Most sweet.

Today, however, I truly wish I hadnt celebrated QUITE so hard with them.
                        Bob Leponge
                        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
                          Well we got a brand new greatgranchild. Baby Riley arrived safe and sound 23rd December by Special Delivery.

[ATTACH]12428[/ATTACH]
                          Congratulations Brengirl. That has to be the best Christmas present ever!!

Comment

Had a lovely day yesterday. Invited round to daughter's for Christmas Dinner. Ended up cooking it!!! Nice day though. Dinner was great, kids behaved (mostly). We don't do expensive pressies, but got some lovely bath stuff (Sanctuary - my fave), choccies, wine, fudge. And a very sore throat due to performing at the karaoke after dinner.

Comment

Well Ive been lucky too. Christmas day was the most chilled out Christmas day for many years. Just me, the hubs, DD & MIL. I cooked lunch without a hitch (not counting the slight overcooking of lamb) and that was it. Pressie wise I was very lucky too.
                              A craft book & pennies from hubs & dd.
                              An agreed nothing from MIL
                              Moulton Brown smellies from the boss (is he hinting?)
                              Fab SS present
                              Morroccan style hanging candle lights from Bro
                              Picture frame from Sis
                              Gardening gloves & secateurs(sp?) from parents
                              I'm so lucky!

Comment

Strangest but really wanted a map of Nottingham(then only a town) centre before the Victoria railway station was built.
                                The area where the station was built was one of Nottingham's worst slums.
                                And it is shocking to see how much was crammed in such a small area.
                                The map(a copy) is dated 1882.
                                The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                                Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X