Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
    YAAAAY The Grapes

Thank you all, there is something in every single post on this thread that helps me

What? Even the one about me putting pencils in your ear?

You know I am noticing a lot of art teachers here abouts, wonder if that ties in with creating gardens? We have loads of crafty, making things sort of grapes too. Wonderful bunch of arteeests aren't we?
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
      What? Even the one about me putting pencils in your ear?
      aye even that lass - cos it would surely help me concentrate
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

Piskie, buy some tracing paper!
        As some of the others have said I think that 'Garden Design' drawing is a bit different from strictly 'artistic' drawing in that you can make use of rulers, pastry cutters, set squares etc. to draw the various shapes you need on a garden plan & I would imagine a very basic sketch with some pretty & descriptive writing would be enough for a plant profile. Good luck with the course, bet you'll love it.
        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Originally posted by SueA View Post
          Piskie, buy some tracing paper!
          already did

Originally posted by SueA View Post
          ... pastry cutters.
          hehe
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

GREAT artists are born AND made. They have a natural talent but they still had to learn how to use it.
            Reasonable artists are those who have developed a talent that was rather more modest in the first place.
            The first stage of drawing is to learn to see things as a series of lines and shapes, rather than as familiar items (that you probably never really look at at all, you know what is there, but perhaps not what you would SEE if you looked at it).
            Design (garden or otherwise) is part art, part technical drawing, but the art is in putting things (plants, walls etc) together, not in drawing them!
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X