Think I might like this place.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no he posted a short while ago!

see time stamp of the post here...http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...oud_41770.html
    Last edited by RedThorn; 01-12-2009, 07:17 PM.
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Weeeeeelllllll

I've never seen a Tarantino film, and after this morning I dont think I have need to.
      Probably more than enough claret at that time of day, but the job itself went well.
      I did manage to squirt myself twice in the face with the high pressure cleaning hose due it being French. It clearly looks like it should spray one way, so I picked it up to start cleaning a bit and got a faceful. Burst out laughing and everyone else looked, saw the evidence, had all done it themselves (it later transpired) and laughed too.
      Sadly I didnt learn, as a couple of hours later, after a bit of excitement with an escaped guinea fowl I did exactly the same thing, and almost fell over I was laughing at myself so hard.
      I get a chicken a week as part of my salary, which is nice, we have a coffee break, with coffee and cake provided by the employer and at the end of the shift the whole team gets together and has a 5 minute chat altogether over coffee and more cake.
      All in all, a job's a job but working in a pleasant environment makes such a difference.
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Oh yes, and I met the sister as well.
        She's quite safe from my advances.
        Bob Leponge
        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

lol even got a free shower(or two) at work I see . Working in a pleasant enviroment goes a loooonnnnnggg way Bob. Glad it went ok.
          Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
            Oh yes, and I met the sister as well.
            She's quite safe from my advances.
            hmm..my OH was shocked at the lack of French input ' into the local gals genetics'!!!..or maybe that should be a ...
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Mr N didnt see her!!!!!!
              Bob Leponge

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                Mr N didnt see her!!!!!!
                ...as bad as that????

..teeth as well????

Comment

So glad your first day went down well Bob.

Comment

Sounds pretty good, Bob. Pity about the sister!

Comment

Is it a live chook they give you every week (so you can have lots of eggs)? Or a dead 'un??

Comment

If I tell you the sisters tooth is worse than mine, you'll get the gist. Very pleasant but....* Pastis is a wonderful thing though....Think its a dead one PB, ready to munch, and these arent your Tesco 2 for a fiver birds either, each one is about 16 euro in SuperU. Would prefer the cash in my bank and buy Bien Vu chickens but there we go.Early start again tomorrow, should be fun, got to "prepare" 300 geese. Its actually an interesting process, and fortunately as humane as it can be, otherwise I wouldnt work there, no matter how much I needed the cash.
                        Bob Leponge

Comment

..she's only got one tooth????....ha!!!!

see- your luck ran out there then

( has she got a friend???)
                          Last edited by Nicos; 02-12-2009, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            ..she's only got one tooth????....ha!!!!

see- your luck ran out there then

( has she got a friend???)
                            That's OK, drink loadsa Carling and the tooth will disappear....
                            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                              That's OK, drink loadsa Carling and the tooth will disappear....
                              oh yeh...I'd forgotten!!

Comment

That may well be the case after the Christmas meal which the company pays for, which is nice. I was told that the newest arrival brings the wine for that meal, but my French let me down at that point, and had to explain that I didnt understand! Just finished my first week's work, and have arrived back with a chicken, and a box of 12 eggs. Could get used to a free chicken a week.
                                Last edited by bobleponge; 04-12-2009, 12:48 PM.
                                Bob Leponge

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X