No announcement yet.

What is/are your nickname(s)?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was a little girl many, many moons ago I heard someone use the name 'Fanny Fanackapan' (sp? and I hope it wasn't rude) and thought this was the funniest thing ever (as only a four year old would), after that my dad used to call me that to make me laugh. It eventually got shortened to 'Fan' and lasted quite a few years although I didn't still fall over laughing by this time. Then when I was in my early twenties my first neice couldn't get her tongue round the name Elizabeth so called me Fizz; it stuck within the family. My ex husband used to call me Elvis; this arose when I was in hospital for a while and couldn't get up to wash my hair which soon became a greasy quiff.
    Identity crisis? Nah, I'll stick with Lizzy!

Comment

LOL Ollie - you could ask a mod to edit it for you, but I suspect they'd rather make you squirm!
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

OLLIE!......Its Your not You're.........
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Himself has always called me Chicking (has to have the g on the end!) That applied long before we ever thought we'd have chickens of our own.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

My Mum & Sister call me Sas or Sassy (Sara shortened)which I don't really like

At school I was Pipkins, Pip or Rotty.

OH calls me Treasure and Little C just hollers MMMMuuuuuuuuuummmmm from various parts of the house.
            http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/sarajjohnson
            http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...blogs/pipkins/

Comment

My initials are K J and when at school, people used to call me 'Cage'. I also answered to 'Killer' for I was always fighting. Some of the wierdest nicknames belong to my middle son's friends. There is a 'Black Fag', he isn't either. There is a 'Fat Melv' who is skinny and his name is Peter! And one called 'Fruit' for absolutely no reason at all. My youngest is called Chewbacca, cos he's about 6ft 4", skinny, got long red hair (dyed) and a thick beard.

Zebedee
              "Raised to a state of heavenly lunacy where I just can't be touched!"

Comment

Fatman(at school) I was like a bean pole.
                Dougle.(at first job) Hair style made me look like Magic Roundabout dog.
                Notty Ash (I don't know why)
                Andy the Dope (liked to smoke .......)when I was on Labour party committee)We also had Andy the cheque (treasurer)& Andy The vote(MP)

& BUBBLEWRAPI have explained how I got this name on an earlier thread.
                Last edited by bubblewrap; 20-11-2009, 04:53 PM.
                The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                Brian Clough

Comment

Originally posted by bubblewrap View Post
                  Fatman(at school) I was like a bean pole.
                  Dougle.(at first job) Hair style made me look like Magic Roundabout dog.
                  Notty Ash (I don't know why)
                  Andy the Dope (liked to smoke .......)when I was on Labour party committee)We also had Andy the cheque (treasurer)& Andy The vote(MP)

& BUBBLEWRAPI have explained how I got this name on an earlier thread.
                  Havn't been here long so don't know the connection but wondering if you are jumped on does it makes you explode?

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
                    Havn't been here long so don't know the connection but wondering if you are jumped on does it makes you explode?
                    OK I have a medical condition site below will explain you could also try an image search!

Neurofibromatosis
                    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                    Brian Clough

Comment

I was called a number of names at school - none of them affectionate or endearing.

Haven't really got a nickname.

Oh, I was called "Norm" for a while by an ex-colleague. Abbreviated verson of "Norman the Doorman" on account of my size.
                      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

my forum name petal comes from an friend who died unexpectedly 3 years ago, I can still hear him saying it - 'hello petal..'

Comment

My grandad Alec (sadly no longer with us) called me Mildew when I was a kid - and I really can't believe I have just admitted to it!!!!

Since we married, my OH has taken to calling me 'wife' we have various names for each other, it just depends how much we wind each other up as to which ones get used!!
                          To pickle I am just Mum.
                          Kirsty b xx

Comment

Horrible Cow is the only one that springs to mind.
                            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Lol TS
                              I'm sure you've been called nicer things
                              Incy is my current nickname given by OH. His is Tiny and as he is bigger than me Incy was the obvious choice
                              As a child I was called plum. Apparently it stemmed from an outfit Mum dressed me in as a baby.

Comment

I haven't really got one at the moment, but at work, in the 80s when I had longish hair and a beard, I was 'J.C.', sometimes shortened to one syllable as 'Jase', and more recently, when I worked nights, there was a fashion among my fellow night-workers to change each other's names into a pseudo-Italian form, so I became 'Stephano' or Stephalano'. At primary school, I was 'Donkey-drop', from my surname, Horsfall. I recently discovered to my surprise, that 'donkey drop' is cricket slang, but I don't know what it means. I've also just discovered, via google, that it's a cocktail, no doubt because it's powerful enough to knock out a donkey. One of my primary school teachers called me 'Stainless Steve'. I discovered much later that that was the stage name of a 40s and 50s comedian. At secondary school, I was 'Neddy' and variations such as 'Nedwin', 'Nedward' and 'Neddy Seagoon'.
                                Last edited by StephenH; 21-11-2009, 10:13 AM.
                                Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X