Passata machine

Waste of Space

Sandwich toaster
    George Foreman grill
    Electric carving knife
    bread machine
    juicer
    mandoline

I also have a cupboard half full of novelty cake tins incl. Harry Potter, Barbie, a pumpkin, a Christmas tree, mini individual loaf tins, mini santas... I won't go on Perhaps we should start a hire business Seahorse
    Last edited by SarzWix; 05-11-2009, 07:17 PM.

Comment

If you all had to pick just one all time favourite gadget what would it be?

Mines my slow cooker - fill it in the morning, go out all day, come back meal done!

Bliss!

Comment

Panasonic Bread Maker (used twice a week, every week)
        George Foreman (brilliant)
        Dolce Gusto (not my choice, but it'll do till I get a Gaggia)
        Stick blender (for soup, unbeatable)
        my newest toy: a corking machine, brilliant

also have an electric chopper/blender, but I hate cleaning it so it's used about twice a year

I Freegled the juicer, too faffy to clean
        Last edited by Two_Sheds; 05-11-2009, 07:29 PM.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

We have an only used once chocolate fountain thingie my mum bought us and it uses over 1kg of chocolate just to get going

Smoothie maker has been used once.
          Juicer has only ever been used to juice apples for cider but now we have a press so that will also be redundant!

I have a glass set for 'punch' in the cupboard that was a wedding pressie years ago and never been out of the box!

Comment

I fancy a Sausage maker for my Kenwood, how do you get on with yours Sarah ?
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I love gadgets, the more the better!

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                I fancy a Sausage maker for my Kenwood, how do you get on with yours Sarah ?
                Brilliant, was definitely worth the investment

Comment

Used everyday: toaster and microwave.
                  Best gadgets?
                  Kitchenaid, goblet blender, electric steamer and dehydrator, stick blender in drawer, mandoline.
                  Never used: pasta maker, coffee machine and juicer, Remoska, George Foreman grill.

Deep fat fryer was freecycled! Suspect there are more gadgets in that cupboard I never get to in the corner...
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Thanks Sarah
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by fleegle View Post
                      If you all had to pick just one all time favourite gadget what would it be?
                      I am not really a gadget person, but just bought a food processor (second hand from ebay) and it has been SOO useful - I can now whip egg whites and thicken cream and juice things in a minute or two!!!

The only downside is it takes a bit of washing up and takes up most of a shelf in my cupboard.

Other than that I have:
                      a cheap microwave used a lot
                      a stick blender used now and then
                      a sandwich toaster - used primarily when my son is home from uni.

err thats it if you dont count the kettle, toaster and washing machine

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
                        We have an only used once chocolate fountain thingie my mum bought us and it uses over 1kg of chocolate just to get going

Smoothie maker has been used once.
                        Juicer has only ever been used to juice apples for cider but now we have a press so that will also be redundant!

I have a glass set for 'punch' in the cupboard that was a wedding pressie years ago and never been out of the box!
                        I think I've collected three of those chocolate fondeu sets that people get you for Christmas. Never used
                        Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                        Snadger - Director of Poetry
                        RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                        Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                        Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                        piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
                          I think I've collected three of those chocolate fondeu sets that people get you for Christmas. Never used
                          "Pigs In Blankets" dipped in Cheese fondue are lovely.

Also good for dipping strawberries in chocolate. Finish with a dip in some chopped nuts.

Comment

George Foreman griller - brilliant
                            Food processor with liquidiser & juicer attachments - use the processor and liquidiser
                            Stick blender - essential for home made soups
                            Toaster - used most days
                            Microwave - hardly ever used
                            Another food processor, plus a smoothie maker and a juicer - all bought as job lot for £10 but still in the shed

Comment

kitchen Gadgets, now let me see:-
                              De'Longhi Combi coffee maker, being a coffee addict this was expensive but priceless to me.

OH bought me from the Rachel Allen Collection for my Birthday this year:-
                              Slow Cooker
                              Mixer (Looks like a Kenwood Chef)

Kenwood Mini Chopper, Brilliant for bread crumbs, pesto and chopping nuts.
                              Hitachi Steamer.
                              Breville Sandwich Maker, can't remember the last time I used this.

My Le Pentole Stainless Steel Pan Set, these were a present to myself when I was made redundant.
                              My metal sieve what I use for tomato sauces.

The most useless thing in my Kitchen is my OH , He can burn water

Comment

Two slow cookers...one really could be thrown out as it's wires are loose...but the other one is invaluable.
                                Toaster....use lots because oven's so crap.
                                George Foreman grill...should be used more for same reason but can't get on with it.
                                Two juicers...neither really used!
                                One sandwich maker...forgot all about it but will maybe use it tonight.
                                Multi mix blender...use loads,especially for pastry as one of the few times my arthritis plays up is mixing pastry.
                                Hand held electric whisk...also used lots.
                                Is a steamer a gadget?Use that most nights...unless I've made a stew.

Now for the fun!!!...Drawer bits!

Garlic press...used to prefer chopping it until I got The Pampered chef one...pricey but worth it.
                                Pumpkin scoop...didn't have a clue what it was when I inherited it...still may be wrong,obviously a seasonal thing but another invaluable at the right time of year.
                                A dibbedy dabber thing to shape little mini tarts...wonderful!
                                A mini scoop to fill the said mini tarts!!!(what can I say...all the Pampered Chef parties I went to were bring a bottle...or two!)
                                A mandolin...only really use it for my courgette pickles.
                                A micro adjustable grater...brilliant for chocolate & nuts etc.Also makes cheese go a lot further.
                                An apple slicer & corer...yep very lazy but was a Godsend when Daisy had wobbly front teeth!I could slice her apple & leave it whole for her lunch box.
                                Too many to list cake decorating things...little stamp & cutters & stuff.
                                A food chopper...used to use it loads when there was the need to hide veggies...not so often now.
                                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X