No announcement yet.

My name's Bob...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob, have you got the shakes yet? Hubby and I are both coffee fiends and tried to behave ourselves and change to de-caff (docs orders for hubby) but de-caff is acid inducing foulness. Deepest sympathy. How long have you to suffer?

Comment

I actually woke up this morning and have noticed a slight shaking in my hands, sheesh, this lack of coffee business is not at all good for my health.
      I've never tried de-caff FF so cant comment but will accept your description as gospel and never drink it.
      May be getting back to coffee nirvana today, or this may drag out till Friday, aarrrggghhhh.
      When I'm in work Janeyo, its instant cos thats all we have, but at home I have an espresso machine and I drink yummy proper coffee.
      I am hoping that I manage to get back to Karachi today, this is becoming tedious, and I feel sure I could smell Andrea's coffee coming through my door last night as I couldnt sleep.
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Yeah, sorry 'bout that.

Comment

Originally posted by FROSTYFRECKLE View Post
          de-caff is acid inducing foulness.
          A lot of it is, but this stuff is the business. I've been giving it to Mr Sheds for 2 years now, and he hasn't noticed there's no caffeine in it
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Like having a shower with a wetsuit on, whats the point??

Sure it tastes lovely TS but sort of spoils the reason why I drink coffee
            Bob Leponge
            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Coffee deprivation is a dangerous thing.

There is no power in our works kitchen at the moment - the company may not last the day unless help arrives soon.
              A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Well, if it's any consolation, I can't eat the tons of nice biccies right next to me (damn those office birthdays!), as IBS is playing up and I daren't push my delicate tum over the edge!

Hope your cold turkey is alleviated, soon, Bob. I know I'm going to binge on biccies once I feel better, lol!

Wayne, that's terrible! Can you not have a gas stove flown in, or something?? Or a very large flask? Right now, I can supply the gas...

Comment

coffee sucks ... tea on the other hand

Comment

My OH has one cup of blow-your-head-off coffee in the morning and if he has another he can't sleep that night!

My parents have always drunk lots of instant about 8 cups a day and I am constantly telling them off. Neither of them sleep well either and have all sorts of weird sleep patterns.

Polishing my halo me, only drink red bush tea or decaf tea. Caffeine gives me a headache.

Comment

Blimey Bob, you say you can't sleep at night at the moment because of withdrawal symptoms but on 20 cups a day I'm surprised you ever sleep at all!
                      Never mind 'Eid' at the weekend & you can have a blowout!
                      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Aye carumba! You must slosh rather a lot.

That reminds me. I need a coffee. I keep breaking my caffetieres though.
                        Singleton Allotments Society
                        Ashford Gardeners - A gardening club (and so much more) for the greenfingered of Ashford and surrounding areas. Non-Ashfordites welcome .

Comment

I probably used to get through easy 20 cups a day...with diet coke in between(& not the caffeine free!)
                          Stopped a few years back...probably something to do with breastfeeding & babies awake all night!
                          I still absolutely love it though,but can now only handle one cup a day...anymore & I get the shakes really bad.My friend was scared to get in the car with me once when I'd had three cups at a cafe...I was worse than if I'd had a few pints!
                          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

And relax

3 cups of coffee down my fat little face has cheered me up no end. Yeehaa!!
                            Bob Leponge

Comment

So is it not Ramadan in Karachi then I take it you're back????
                              Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                                So is it not Ramadan in Karachi then I take it you're back????
                                It's probably dark now.
                                A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X