No announcement yet.

My name's Bob...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tis Ramadan in Karachi too Hayley, but here in the office there are a few Christians. We all gather in the kitchen and lock the door when we're having coffee during the day, so the others cant actually see us.
    The kitchen door is locked quite often when I'm here.
    The official Eid holiday has been issued today, 21-23 September, so thats proper party time here in town, should be good, no more hiding to drink my coffee. Bliss.
    Bob Leponge
    Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Gawdon bleedin Bennett how long does Ramadan go on for then? I take it you're locking yerself away again 24th onward
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Its about 4 weeks and its nearly finished. Eid is the great big goat slaughtering party, not really equivalent to our Christmas in a religious way, but certainly in the fact that Eid is a traditional muslim family get together.
        Have been invited to a big Eid do by one of the lads here, which I'm really looking forward to. There will over 300 of this guys family at the party, in one of the hotels in town.

After Eid though, any of them who didnt fast properly, for pretty much whatever reason, they should do the requisite number of days fasting, to make up the full amount.
        Bob Leponge
        Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Oh Wow Lucky you Bob, that'd be so cool to go to a 'proper' family do out there, to observe and sample the culture and food from an inside point of view rather then from a tourist aspect is such an honour, very envious.... And you get away without the fasting (that's sommat I'd have a serious problem with )
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

Comment

I drink coffee about once a week. I don't find it at all thirst quenching (that's obviously not why coffee drinkers drink it!) - but I love tea. If I drank 20 cups of anything I'd be weeing all day!
            Coffee makes coffee-drinkers' breath smell. They probably don't realise this. But we can tell you a mile off, we tea-bags.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

No, the fasting bit isnt for me either Hayley. Just not in my genes. Looking forward to the big family bash though, will be the only westerner there from what I can gather.

See Flum, I can smell a tea drinker, in a crowd of coffee drinkers. Pooohhh!!!
              Bob Leponge

Comment

You can keep an eye on your non-jiggy-jig friend too
                Hayley B

Comment

I don't like coffee.
                  Stacey x ♫

Comment

Booooo @ HB
                    Bob Leponge

Comment

Originally posted by happybunny View Post
                      I don't like coffee.
                      Sensible person. It's a drug - you get withdrawal symptoms - ask yer uncle Bob!
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Yes, you're too young to know about coffee HB.

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery
                          Sensible person. It's a drug - you get withdrawal symptoms - ask yer uncle Bob!
                          Don't you mean ask Uncle Frank?
                          To see a world in a grain of sand
                          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Tea is also adictive Flum - and for the same reason - caffine!
                            The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X