Grow your own film on tonight

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
    I enjoyed it too. I was mightily amused though, at the fact that every plot-holder seemed to be there all day and every day. We only have a dozen plots on our site and I'm often there on my own. However, you can tell from looking at the plots that they are very well cared for - we just all choose different times!
    i AGREE.......many times i am surprised to see other lottie holders wander up..
    Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Did you know that entire allotment site was a stage mock up for the film, new sheds where purchased then made old, and all the plants were grown in a nursey and moved on to the site.
      Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Sorry but thought it a load of tripe.

I have had plots on two sites in my time. One was a "new" site in London Docklands, where the sheds were supplied and uniform but just the nature of allotmenteers and their love of recycling bits and pieces bore no resemblence to that site depicted on the program.

The "ancient" site I am now on is more what I think of as an allotment site, more like that protraid in Eastenders years ago as the alter home of Arthur Fowler.

The story line was so twee and so predictable, that I thought I had wasted my time watching it but then I knew, just knew it would end up as a thread on here.
        I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Was it a film or a doicumentary?

If it was a film they could have saved the money by just coming to our site.
          My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

I was really pleased I caught it. We have a few "clipboard" types like the horrid chap and business woman on our plot too though not half as bad as a plot a couple of miles away. Lovely gentle film. Although every plot had lawn, didn't see much in the way of crops!

Comment

It started off really good with the funny bits about planting tomato seeds at Christmas and poor henpecked husbands (which is how I mostly think you lot are like ) then said hardly anything about growing. And I also picked up on the shark fin melon being planted in Autumn.
              Also when they looked at a plot and said that it will need clearing up and all the weeds removing. It was already like an empty area of clean soil! Just one big weed, that they pulled up effortlessly. I wish real life was like that
              Funny though and sad in places, alot of things that made me ashamed and proud to be English.
              "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X