No announcement yet.

Grow your own film on tonight

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i feel like giving the nasty little man on our lottie a punch in the gob!
    Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

A nice little film. Going back to my roots, la la la
      BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
      Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

A good story line! i enjoyed that.

Wren

Comment

Just finished watching it... you are right, it has nothing to do with Liverpool except for location. Some good actors in it. And a very good theme to it.

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

brilliant film.....and british!
            Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

I loved it but missed the last 15 minutes because the dog decided to have a diabetic fit, fortunately caught it in time (the dog) and he is now fine thank heavens. OH says that Inspector Jap got his come uppenance.

Comment

I thought it was excellent.

The 3 individual storylines of the 'newcomers' were quite thought provoking whilst the main tale of allotment 'dictatorship' had some hilarious moments. Hated that nasty business woman - loved her number 2! Great mix of comedy and drama.

Don't think that will spoil for anyone who has recorded and yet to see.

Comment

DH recorded it reluctantly, he read the blurb, raised his eyebrows and looked at me. I'll probably watch it when he's out!
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

[quote=TEB;515194]I loved it but missed the last 15 minutes because the dog decided to have a diabetic fit, fortunately caught it in time (the dog) and he is now fine thank heavens. OH says that Inspector Jap got his come uppenance.[/quote

Poor pooch, hope thing's are ok..xx

Comment

I've wanted to see this for ages. We don't have a T.V., but no 2 son has one in his room, which he allows us to watch on those rare occasions when we feel like dipping into the 21st century. But, wouldn't you know it, it started at precisely the time when the chickens needed locking away for the night and as they're on the lottie it takes a while. Son has recorded it, but he's gone off camping and I don't know how to work the technology. Will have to wait until he gets back on Sunday night now.
                      Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

[QUOTE=ginger ninger;515213]
                        Originally posted by TEB View Post
                        I loved it but missed the last 15 minutes because the dog decided to have a diabetic fit, fortunately caught it in time (the dog) and he is now fine thank heavens. OH says that Inspector Jap got his come uppenance.[/quote

Poor pooch, hope thing's are ok..xx
                        Thanks he is fine for now, but it is getting to be a regular occurence unfortunately

Comment

Thanks for pointing this out or I'd never have seen it. Really enjoyed it
                          www.scottishexmoors.co.uk

Comment

Really enjoyed it too!
                            AKA Angie

Comment

I really enjoyed it. Sad and moving in places, good British comedy in others.

Laughed out loud when the chap revealed that he was growing sharks fin melon, cos I just cut my first one today!
                              http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

First time I saw it it was screened in our Village Hall, Nice to support village etc but I enjoyed watching it again in comfort at home despite missing the beginning.

I think it was a lovely touching film that said much about a variety of social issues. An excellent setting for a drama. Allotments are not just about growing veg but also about the relationships you might develop there and what you can gain spiritually( if that's the right word). I thought they deftly captured several characters and attitudes. Beautifully shot, well acted and British..... What more to ask of a film.

Sorry... don't mean to go all Jonathan Woss!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X