No announcement yet.

Grow your own film on tonight

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a great film, gently tackling so many issues head on. The Blue shed made me think about two sheds. Don't know whether I was shattered but I ended up shedding a few tears on a number of occasions. I wish our allotment was like that - friendly. We all have individual fenced off plots running the length of the lane so I don't get to see many people....
    Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
    Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

Comment

Hubby (who is not a gardener) and I both watched it. I knew he was enjoying it when he started guffawing at the man who had "womens troubles" Gentle British humour, multiple story lines that did not leave you baffled. Showing different facets of human nature. Loved it. Wanted to seriously slap the nasty business woman.

Comment

A whole evening on the gardening theme. Gardeners world and a lovely film. My OH watched it as well ( fortunately there was nothing else on so I had control of the remote ) and thought it was really good. A bit predictable but there was humour, social issues and a few tears. Add a glass of wine or two = a lovely evening.
        Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Only just seen the thread so missed it. Still it was Friday and that means OH commands the remote for BB eviction. Still no doubt it will be repeated at some time.

Ian

Comment

Me and OH watched it, he thought it was as funny as me (although he didn't like it when I kept pointing out errors lol. Like the fact that it only rained ONCE, and that all the same people were there ALL the time, and how tidy everyone's plot's were and how they all looked the same, and the chinese man planting his seeds at the end in the Autumn, and me not thinking he could grow those melons like that outdoors here anyway etc...)

But apart from that I loved it

Comment

I only saw the last half hour but it was pretty good. Might i-Player it
              Stacey x ♫

Comment

Do i player it Happy bunny ,well worth it!Seeing as you "missed a bit"

Comment

I think it's available on BBC iplayer (not such a quick reply as I see this already been suggested.. wonder where the missing minutes went...)
                  Last edited by Littlemouse; 15-08-2009, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Great! A well acted, well written and well produced British comedy drama. Food for thought and the baddie got his comeuppance. We loved it.

Comment

Just watched it on the i-player. lovely film. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Darn, I missed it, and we can't get iplayer to work properly. Will have to wait for next time. Can anyone remind me what its called please, so I can keep my eyes open for it?

Comment

How do you grow your own film?
                          Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                          Snadger - Director of Poetry
                          RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                          Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                          Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                          piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by OllieMartin View Post
                            How do you grow your own film?
                            Don't you start! We'll have to call you MiniWayne

Comment

I enjoyed it too. I was mightily amused though, at the fact that every plot-holder seemed to be there all day and every day. We only have a dozen plots on our site and I'm often there on my own. However, you can tell from looking at the plots that they are very well cared for - we just all choose different times!
                              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Check out Amazon as you can buy it on DVD Hubbie got it for me as a pressie a while back, another fab british film about Growing things with a brilliant social message is Green Fingers with Clive Owen and Helen Mirren amongst others, that is available on DVD too and is a real cracker of a film. Based on a true story of some fellas away at her majesty's pleasure designing a show garden for RHS Hampton course and how gardening and growing veg changes their lives. Check it out.
                                When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X