not being a nagging wife

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Ask the guy to order some more tiles - and come back when he can ..if it's not finished when your OH gets back...then point made

If you used similar tiles you'd be irritated by your OH each time you see the difference!
    Sounds to me that your OH wouldn't notice a subtle difference????

Oh I just love guys!!!!! ( so easy going eh????)
    I agree with this option - you'll get the tiles you've both decided on and you'll be making the point*** that there weren't enough tiles.

***Making the point in a nice way - in your new-leaf way.

After all, if we make a big scene and point out how wrong the other halves are - what happens? They feel aggrieved and sort of don't know what we're on about and we just feel awful afterwards.

Here's to the men and their gift for living in the present!
    My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Would it be possible to have the same tiles on order and then point it out to OH when he gets back?

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
        What sort of tiles are they (make and name of the range)? I have quite a lot of tile-y contacts
        That's really kind of you. The tiles are the least of the problem .. the tiler evaporates at midday on Monday ... he's got full order books and can't come back for ages
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I've done some tiling before (and with my long nails too!) It's not that skilled. If you could get them I am sure you or OH could fit them. Maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by janeyo View Post
            I am sure you or OH could fit them. Maybe...
            pmsl

Comment

Shame you're so far away, MrWix was/is a tiler...
              'Spect you'd be able to finish it yourself if your tiler has it all set out right, it's the setting out and starting point that are critical in a decent tiling job

Any hoo, if you can't wait to get the right ones, then a toning or contrasting random pattern would probably be next best

In future, it's probably better to get the tiler to measure up and order the tiles, then if there isn't enough it's their fault and they have to sort it out

Comment

I bet you could finish the job yourself, honestly it's not too difficult! I tiled the whole of my conservatory floor (including cutting tiles to fit) and my kitchen walls with no help (male or female!). Just read any instructions and hey presto
                My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Jings, you know the man Two Sheds.
                  If you didn't trust his judgement to measure for the tiles in the first place then you should have measured yourself or asked the tiler to measure and order.
                  I would do nothing - none of the options are good.
                  The whole lot has to come up and start again from scratch.
                  You just have to get Mr Two Sheds to agree - or come up with plan B.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I initially agreed with Nicos but I think Alice has it right

Comment

I think I'd just accept Mr Sheds for who he is and try and focus on the things he does get right (there must be something! ). I'd go with the 'nearly right' tiles mixed in. I bet neither of you will notice them after a few weeks.
                      I was feeling part of the scenery
                      I walked right out of the machinery
                      My heart going boom boom boom
                      "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                      I've come to take you home."

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
                        I bet you could finish the job yourself, honestly it's not too difficult!
                        If I hadn't hurt my back in the crash, I would. But seriously, I can't bend, let alone crouch over the floor for a day and a half.
                        I'm painting the walls instead, that'll save us a few bob.
                        Now, can anyone help on my next problem? The tin of "ochre" paint has come out Hi Viz Orange ... it's quite nice, quite zingy, but might burn my eyeballs after a while

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds
                          I have slept on it, and will go with option c) a mixture of Very Similar Black Tiles (black is black is black, right?).
                          Mmmm - lets hope so.

Comment

My son is a tiler TS, and so if you decide to wait for more tiles, I could get him to come and do it for you. Black really isnt black if the tiles are a mixed pattern.
                            Your paint sounds the colour of my kitchen, and I love it. It really does get noticed when you walk in. Only problem I had was cutting it in against the white kitchen ceiling. It took a steady hand in places, followed by swearing and repainting the edge of the ceiling, followed by swearing and repainting orange bits at top of wall, followed by swearing etc etc
                            Bob Leponge
                            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

I will just calmly fix the problem (and then make him buy me a greenhouse )
                              Now that's what I call a solution!
                              Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                              So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

I can't change him, so I'll try and change my approach. Instead of screaming at him, I will just calmly fix the problem (and then make him buy me a greenhouse )
                                Soooooooo true! The 'I can't change him' bit, that is, although the fixing it and getting a GH out of it also seems like a plan!

Maybe you could contact the manufacturer of the tiles and see if they have any of the same batch anywhere else? Maybe the tile shop (if it's a chain) could see if there are any at the stores outside of East Anglia and get them sent over for you.
                                http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X