End of

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you each and everyone for your kind thoughts and words
    As of this morning I have secured my paid employment so that side is taken care of.
    My box customers will be informed of the situation on Friday and given the option of sticking with me til mid winter or leaving the scheme.
    I am definitely keeping one acre at the farm and will still be working the posh walled garden. As for the ongoing project walled garden - watch this space - lets just say that strawberry runners and fruit bush cuttings (all of which are free of course) are about to become very popular round my way. And next time Lidl have fruit trees, I'll be banging on the doors - hopefully in four or five years time, there'll be a fully restored orchard in place of the one ripped out twelve years ago.
    As for the Vine - I'm afraid that as an old timer, having been a grape since Oct 2005, it's in my blood - I'm going nowhere, just downsizing and probably grow an even wider variety of veg, now that I don't have to grow a thousand of each ! I mean think of the space in my tunnel !!
    Rat

British by birth
    Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
    http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

PHEW!! Glad you won't be leaving the vine
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Aww ...Rat... xx
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Your last post is so much lighter, you sound like a weight has been taken off. So glad you are ok work wise. As a wife of a husband who works too-long hours, your oh must be glad to be seeing a bit more of you...you can now start on the list of 'Things to be done at home'

Comment

Glad to read your post Rat, and boy, do you sound brighter or what?!?

The decision is the hardest part and I am so glad (for you and your family) that you made it. You can move onwards and upwards now.

And like everyone else, DELIGHTED that you will still be grapeing with the rest of us! As a relative newbie, yours is one of the names that I always enjoy seeing as there is always sound advice.

Good for you

SN (aka Laura)

Comment

Sorry to hear your news SR but I'm glad you have made a decisison and are moving on . I wish you all the best in the future and am glad you will still be around the Vine.
              There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore and who always will. Don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it in your future.

Comment

so sorry to hear rat ,wish you and your family good health.
                Take photographs today because tommorow you might not have

Together everyone achieves more

Comment

Sound like a tough but good call Rat. (((hugs))).
                  Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Oh Rat sorry to hear your news.
                    Times change, and will change again. Maybe your time is to come later! We are all here for you.
                    Well done for giving it your best and a greater well done for stepping back before it got so bad.
                    Plenty of years to come for you and who knows maybe this was meant to be your 'training course' for bigger things to come
                    My heartfelt wishes to you and your family
                    HF
                    x
                    Last edited by Headfry; 15-07-2009, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Whatever makes you happy-you're downsizing your business which is not a surprise in a current economic climate.Wishing you all the best,hope you and your family will benefit from some more time together

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X