Fuming!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
    I know someone who scratched a car parked on the pavement as she squeezed past with the buggy, drivers fault for parking on the pavement, that driver didnt do it again.
    Lol, I was well tempted just after my wee un was born to do just that - accidentally of course. These days I just assume the cars are parked outside the owners' houses and push the pushchair up through the lawn/borders/whatever is there by as much as I need to. I used to cross over to avoid the bad parkers but both sides started doing it and I draw the line at pushing the chair along the road...

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
      I know someone who scratched a car parked on the pavement as she squeezed past with the buggy, drivers fault for parking on the pavement, that driver didnt do it again.
      I have 'accidentally' scratched a few pavement-parked cars.....
      It is many years now since I saw the perfect 'unofficial parking ticket', little card sold (in packs of 5) for filling in by the offended passer by, reading as follows (rows of dots represent boxes for filling in)
      "To the owner of car registration number .......... On ........at...... your car was observed parked in a manner to suggest that you are a selfish ignorant git."
      Actually the final comment was less polite, but this is a family forum.
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

The other bugbear I have is those who flagrantly block access across your driveways - whether you are actually using it or not is quite irrelevant - it is against the Highway Code.

Once again the house next door has been rented out and once again on the FIRST day in occupation a large Merc is parked right across my driveway and halfway across their own - that might indicate how astonishingly long the vehicle is.

And in front of their own frontage? - zippo, nada, zilch - enough room for 2 vehicles of the same size.

I placed a note on the car with the usual words indicating rudeness and lack of consideration demonstrated - and managed to get hold of one of them early this morning in their garden and asked them to shift it - which they did.

But watching the spectacle of the fella reversing the car into an empty, unobstructed 'legal' position, going back and forth, again and again - I wonder if he has the capacity to control his car properly in confined spaces. Looks like I'm going to have an interesting time during this tenancy again - she sighs - bored to death with the repetition of human rudeness and ignorance manifesting itself once again.

And an hour later I go to the shops to get my bits for a Sunday and lo and behold - they've placed it on their own driveway!

Going down the road I discovered the whole family (jay)walking in the road - there is a perfectly good pavement available but I'm sure I can't think that it can possibly have any specific use.

My son reckons he heard continental accents and certainly the woman I spoke to this a.m. did - but I can't believe that this behaviour is common solely to peeps from across the water -surely it can't be. Perhaps I need to prepare myself with some rolled up towels and place them outside when I vacate my position or chuck out a sun-lounger (not meant as a racist comment, although some may think so - just some good banter that they bat back to us with the same relish and harmlessness - now I shouldn't have had to place that rider but these days......).

My sympathies HW - it won't make your situation any better to know you're not alone.
        Last edited by quark1; 05-07-2009, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Why do people have to be so inconsiderate anyway? I am so sick of my neighbours - don't get me started!

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
            It is many years now since I saw the perfect 'unofficial parking ticket', little card sold (in packs of 5) for filling in by the offended passer by, reading as follows (rows of dots represent boxes for filling in)
            "To the owner of car registration number .......... On ........at...... your car was observed parked in a manner to suggest that you are a selfish ignorant git."
            Actually the final comment was less polite, but this is a family forum.
            2Sheds used to have some self-adhesive stickers in the same vein - don't know where she got them from. Of course, if you want cards and you have a computer and printer you could make your own. Just pop them under the wiper blades.

Comment

Please don't knock all police as there are some good ones, our local area PC is probably the laziest of the lot! He tries to avoid me whenever I see him as I give him such a hard time.
              The information on the e-mail should not have been disclosed and I would urge you to speak with their supervision about it, who knows what the neighbour could have done to you!
              I sympathise with you, the neighbours girlfriend repeatedly parks her vehicle across the top of my drive because she is too bone idle to put it into reverse and park 10 yards back. I have repeatedly asked her very kindly to remove it but she ignores me. She learnt her lesson when I got called out at 4.30am and I had to get her out of bed. She was told get it moved or I have it towed away and it will cost you £115 to get it back!! Now she still parks there but slams it into reverse when ever she sees me.

I am not that scary, honest!

Good luck with the neighbour, don't go in the house and stay out of his reach!
              Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
              Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

Comment

I'm glad in a way(!), I've read this thread....shows I'm not alone in my unhappiness with next door's tenants/neighbours! But seems that everywhere there is rudeness and lack of respect of people and surroundings which is very sad indeed! I'm practically at the point of calling the landlord of next door (he's recently bereaved so making it slightly awkward for me to phone)....but having to live next door to the noise is driving me slowly insane!
                "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Two Stories:

A Pal of mine left his car across a driveway. On his return he found the householder had errected scaffolding around the car renedering it unmoveable. Sheepishly appologizing my pal helped with the owner in dissembling the scaffolding while a cup of tea was made for all concerned. They parted company on good terms and my friend was taught a valuable lesson.

A work colleague arrived home to find his driveway blocked by a car so he parked in such a way that the car could not gain exit. A knock on the door with appologies later ensued. It turned out that the offending car owner was a policewoman, one thing led to another and within a year he'd married her.
                  Last edited by rana; 05-07-2009, 03:05 PM.

Comment

A thought occurs to me. Maybe the neighbour who got to know about the e-mail content is, or knows, a skilled hacker, and read the e-mail that way?
                    the 'other neighbour' who has theories about what the policeman said, may have a 'sense of humour'.
                    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

I have almost daily contact with the Police (through my job, not as a serial criminal I hasten to add) and believe me the best way to report a crime, unless an emergency, is to do it through Crimestoppers anonymously. If you ring the local Bobby or PCSO on their mobile, your message will stay on their ansaphone for three weeks minimum, if you ring the 'local' station - someone thirty miles away will answer it and then they'll always be 'busy at the moment' and someone may call about three weeks next Tuesday, sometimes around 10.30pm at night!!

If you ring Crimestoppers, they won't have your name to 'accidently' slip out to the other person and the details will go on the Police logs in just the same way and at least Crimestoppers seem to chase them up on it, so by my reckoning you're likely to get a response sooner rather than later - that's just been my experience, maybe other Police forces across the Country aren't as busy or don't switch the ansaphone on for one week straight!
                      Last edited by mogs; 05-07-2009, 10:30 PM.
                      'May your cattle never wander and your crops never fail'

Comment

Originally posted by rana View Post
                        ...A work colleague arrived home to find his driveway blocked by a car so he parked in such a way that the car could not gain exit. A knock on the door with appologies later ensued. It turned out that the offending car owner was a policewoman, one thing led to another and within a year he'd married her.
                        I bet she still can't park tho!
                        Last edited by Glutton4...; 05-07-2009, 11:13 PM.
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X