X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    Has he moved it?
    Nope.

Allegedly PC Plank suggested he park it on the road to "really p*ss off the neighbours".

Of course, that could be friendly neighbour playing devils advocate.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Neighbour disputes are a nightmare aren't they? Let's face it we've all been there to some extent, and there's an a*sehole living near every one of us, it's just luck of the draw as to how close you are and how much grief you get from them.

My present one - the clumber (sp?) spaniel barking it's head off at all hours - pales in comparison with some of the ones on here. Mind you, the ex-neighbour when we lived on a tiny Barratt estate who sat on his doorstep playing with himself and muttering obscenities at children playing on their front gardens took some beating.

Actually he didn't, but that was our preferred solution at the time!
      Last edited by Hashette; 02-07-2009, 08:56 PM.
      http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

Just to look at it from a different angle. We occasionally get asked to assist with boundary disputes, and if we can find an excuse to avoid doing those jobs, we do!
        If neighbours are on bad terms (whether it is mutual, or all one way) anyone trying to do anything about it is only going to get grief. If your neighbour is determined to be a "trou de derriere" (as a friend of mine puts it) there is very little that ANYONE (including the police) can actually do about it.
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Hmmmm,

If you have a problem, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team!

Cue music!
          Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
          Snadger - Director of Poetry
          RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
          Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
          Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
          piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

HW I sympathise as well. Neighbour nightmares are just something that you dont really need, especially if you fear it may spill over into problems with LW.
            I'm just wondering if perhaps your email was forwarded/read to him, but without your name being given out, and the guy has taken a punt that it was you?
            Everyone has different ways of dealing with things I guess, and I wish you luck in finding a solution that doesnt cause anguish for you and your family.
            Last edited by bobleponge; 03-07-2009, 03:38 AM.
            Bob Leponge
            Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

We have had occasional problems around here (with persistent tresspass including damage, dangerous dogs etc.) where the police have been contacted and have shown complete dissinterest. I feel they should be reminded that they are public servants and we pay their wages.

I notice the police have not defended themselves. There must be some on this board - what have you got to say for yourselves?

Comment

If you vote Conservative next time round in may next year- David has promised in his new manifesto to make sweeping changes to the police state Britain has become and do away with all this loss of personal privacy issues and snooping council officials etc,etc, and I believe him, he is a better man for the job than the current duffa.

The only thing I wish that David Cameron would do when he wins the next election- is do away with all these confounded road humps that either shake you to pieces or wreck your cars steering and suspension, and decrease you M PG as you can rarely get out of second or third gear for mile upon mile of shake rattle and roll- I reckon it is costing me an extra five hundred pounds per year in repairs and petrol consumption. than prior to the time they installed road humps all over england.

I think the most road humped area in the whole of england is the small town of Clifton which is a suburb of Nottingham,-(not the one in Bristol), and in Clifton there are 547 road humps in every single street and main road of Clifton covering about three square miles- it is an absolute nightmare to drive through it.

From experience and trials by others the best way to go over these horrendous road humps to lessen the bump each time is to maintain a speed of around 28 to 29 miles per hour and hit the road hump with the driving side tyre going through the gap in between the humps this cuts it down by about half the bump and maintains better petrol consumption, any lower speed than that and the bump is much more pronounced .

Sometimes I have the misfortune to be traveling behind some people in a car who are swerving all over the road trying to slowly hit the road hump dead centre with both wheels hitting the hump edges at around fifteen miles per hour or less, this is the worse possible speed and method to do it, as you get the highest amount of bump and shaking to your car as a result of this, and it uses pounds more fuel as a result.

The only way you can't do it like this is when you get those horrendous humps straight across the road from one side to the other with no break in-between , in the town of Clifton there are four of these across a half mile stretch of road, and several people have been injured traveling in one of the city buses when they were thrown from their seats going over these, and drivers are reporting all sorts of back and spine conditions from the constant daily jarring especially bus drivers and taxi drivers- in one case a woman who was seven months pregnant went into labour and started to give birth as a result of the jarring action in her car.

Comment

Originally posted by rana View Post
                  We have had occasional problems around here (with persistent tresspass including damage, dangerous dogs etc.) where the police have been contacted and have shown complete dissinterest.
                  I am always bothering the police about dangerous drivers and vehicles parked in bike lanes and on double-yellows (I'm a cyclist ).
                  They aren't interested.
                  Mr Sheds got knocked off last year by a driver who "didn't see" him.
                  Same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago.

The police attended, but no action was taken against either driver.

They are really busy, sitting on roundabouts watching for drivers who may potentially cause an accident, rather than dealing with those that have caused an accident.
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

HeyWayne, you be very careful! Don't go into his house and make sure you can scram easily if he gets nasty, LadyWayne and the Bean(and all of us) need you whole and un-battered!
                    I have no time at all for the police. I used to say that they were like public lavs. neccesary but you wouldn't like to live next door to one. Now I would prefer the lavs.

Comment

Where we used to live, we were bothered by late-night fights outside the kebab shop: noise, swearing, shouting, wing mirrors smashed, chips through the letterbox, eggs thrown at the house ...
                      The police?
                      Not interested.

Then, on the day we moved out, 3 coppers drove round with some traffic cones for us to borrow. Nice as pie they were, ever so helpful.
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post

They are really busy, sitting on roundabouts watching for drivers who may potentially cause an accident, rather than dealing with those that have caused an accident.

I saw a patrol car after midnight with a mobile speedcam trained on a 'fast' and empty bit of dual carriageway last week. It seems we are now paying them nightshift rates to hassle and fine erring motorists.

The only time as a cyclist I came into contact with the police was when they warned me for speeding...............

Comment

Heywayne, I feel for you, what is this world coming to. There is NO respect......and for those that do give respect, well just seem to get trampled upon.
                          I hope things get much better for you all and please take care.

Comment

Originally posted by rana View Post
                            I notice the police have not defended themselves. There must be some on this board - what have you got to say for yourselves?
                            out of order!!

ETA: I have kept quiet on this one because Snowdrop was a Policeman prior to becoming a Royal Air Force Policeman - Wayne knows how much I love and respect him, so I can say this with a clear conscience - I don't like seeing (all) Police getting (yet another) bashing because of one (possible) prat.

I am sorry you are having this rotten situation Wayne, you really don't deserve it

ETA2: I meant love and respect Wayne not SD obv - although now even that sounds like I don't love and respect SD when I really mean....ooh me bacon's cooked ...BRB
                            Last edited by piskieinboots; 03-07-2009, 08:30 AM.
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

All this said, I have to agree with Piskie. While this is an annoying situation for Wayne, I'm sure it's an unusual case. The British Police are respected as being one of, if not THE, best police force in the world.
                              You've only got to watch one episode of Police Camera Action to see the difference in the by-the-book method of our PCs compared with the gung-ho attitude of some US officers.

I'd like to think that a complaint to the relevant constabulary wouldn't be ignored either.
                              Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
                              Snadger - Director of Poetry
                              RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
                              Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
                              Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
                              piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Hi
                                Is it because
                                a) there is no legislation to deal with these minor but hugely important local issues
                                b) they're not exciting to deal with so get put to the bottom of the pile
                                c) the police have decided to not bother with minor crimes
                                d) the police are seriously understaffed
                                e) the current set up of targets set by government means there's no "win" in tackling difficult to deal with crimes like harrassment, disputes and burglaries.

And surely if we are to have a safe and sane society these petty matters (which are not petty at all to those who suffer from them) should be dealt with firmly.

Sue

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X