just been hit by a car

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miffy View Post
    two cyclists ploughed into him on the pavement knocking him to the ground and smashing his mobile
    That's terrible.
    Phone the police ... they love prosecuting cyclists on pavements, but not drivers who hit cyclists

Seriously, report it. It's dangerous.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

He is going down the station on Thursday with his dad and has already spoken to them on the phone thank you Two Sheds, i am just so glad it wasn't a younger child as he is a strapping six footer. On the plus side they were wearing helmets!!
      When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

hi two sheds,what a blooming shock,i echo what others have said,there is an advert on the box about a car MUST look out for motor cycles,but nothing on a push bike,it might be worth asking the police if they would check his mobile,to see if he was using it at the time ,this they can do,
        you just pamper yourself for a bit as others have said,and only hope you recover quickly,is there anyway a no win no fee company might help,and i hope you have got his insurance details should you wish to persue him,{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Ohmygoodnessme 2seys! What a dreadful shock. Glad your story's not coming from a hospital bed or worse a fluffy cloud!!

Can't get involved with the debate - I was a leaner biker (got attacked by a mean kirb), my husband is a biker but we drive in Cambridge where the cyclists are nuts (and normally non-UK residents so have no idea a highway code even exists let alone read it).

Hope your 2wheels are back with you soon. Big Healing vibes vibing your way.

Comment

Hope you're feeling a bit better Two Sheds.

One thought springs to mind.......if the driver has offered to pay for your bike, is that in itself not an admission of guilt?
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Wow... glad you're ok enough to post on here! I saw a downed biker this morning at a mini roundabout too.

I'm livid for you! "can't prove it"???!!! You had right of way! What is there to prove???
              http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

really sorry you got hit like that and even more sorry that nothing will happen to the tosser who hit you. I was knocked off my bike at a mini roundabout on the Addenbrookes hospital site, the driver didn't stop...it was on CCTV, the police did nothing, really unfair isn't it? be careful out there.

Comment

What an awful thing to happen Two Sheds. I hope the bruises heel quickly and you will continue to enjoy cycling.

Comment

Blimey hun, What a tragic event for you! May heart goes to you and thank Goddess your allright! Please take it easy and get completely better soon I hope; have some arnica cream for the bruising xx
                    Peaceful days are in the garden!

Comment

Glad you are ok. If he gives you grief over the cost of the bike put a claim against his insurance....It will cost him his NCB.
                      My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

In Holland it would automatically be the motorist's fault. Your poor thing, hope you heal quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                          I didn't see it coming. I saw him indicating, then I glanced left to make sure nobody was pulling out of the junction on my left, then BANG.
                          I didn't even see him turning in my (highly attuned to idiots) peripheral vision ... so he must have been going pretty quick. I've been riding on the road every day for 25 years, I obey the Highway Code, I have a driving license with no points on it, etc etc ... also, I tend to "feel" when something bad is going to happen, but this one was too quick.

Plus, he entered the junction on the wrong side of the road.

Still, the police said they "couldn't say whose fault it was"
                          How can they possibly not know whose fault it was? You had the right of way, he didn't! Him not seeing you is totally irrelevant, he SHOULD have seen you, and he was at fault BY not seeing you!
                          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Big hugs to you from me too!!!
                            I almost reversed into a (speeding) motor cyclist the other day...having looked both ways twice before pulling out.I was really shook up about the near miss,to then have an earful of abuse thrown at me was just what I neededIt's a really dangerous blind bend,with speed restrictions & double yellow lines,yet peeps still speed & still double park.Why?Because they know they can get away with it!!!They need to start enforcing speed limits more...& yes that means introducing more speed traps...What is the bloody point of having speed limits if they're not enforced!
                            Hope you're OK!(((x)))
                            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Glad you are in one piece TS. Hope it doesnt hurt too much tomorrow
                              WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                                One thought springs to mind.......if the driver has offered to pay for your bike, is that in itself not an admission of guilt?
                                The coppers don't think so. They don't want the paperwork (and btw, they call cyclists "organ donors", that's how much respect they hold for us.)
                                Last edited by Two_Sheds; 09-06-2009, 11:41 PM.
                                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X