No announcement yet.

just been hit by a car

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG! The good thing is you're OK, but it could have been so much worse. There are some real idiot drivers. I know of at least one who seems to think cyclists have no right to be on the road, being in the car with her when cyclists are around is scary, so it must be truly terrifying for the cyclist. In these his-word-against-yours situations the police should at least check to see if either party has been in a similar accident previously, before they write it off and say there's nothing they can do.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
      the police should at least check to see if either party has been in a similar accident previously, before they write it off and say there's nothing they can do.
      No!
      Because I have near-misses nearly every single journey !!
      The drivers round here honestly don't even know who has right of way.
      I had a near head-on y'day, on a single lane road (his side was obstructed by parked cars) and he just kept coming at me.
      I had right of way, but he didn't care, and even bibbed me for not levitating out of his way. Mind you, he did have a BMW. Who do I think I am, on a mere push bike?
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Two sheds I hope you are ok what an awful thing to happen to you. Why should you give up your bike for a car or moped, if you enjoy cycling then carry on for as long as you can. Take care have a hot bath and relax and an early night.
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

Blooming heck Two Sheds! What a thing to happen! Glad you are OK, though are you sure you shouldnt nip down to A&E to get yourself checked out?

You never know what you might have done and a check over would ensure you havent done any damage you dont know about. I presume you were wearing a helmet?

Dexter dog sends his woofs, cuddles and big, wet licks!

I recommend a long, long, soak in a hot bath with lots of bubbles to try to ease your aching bits and pieces, which may not be aching now, but just wait until tomorrow morning (past experience..............)

Love Bernie
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
            I presume you were wearing a helmet?
            A hem.
            It's been proven that drivers are even more reckless around helmets, because they perceive the cyclist to be "safe"

Comment

Eh Two Sheds, glad you are safe and on here to tell us your story. Take it easy xxxxxx

Comment

I was the only person in my entire school to FAIL my cycling profiency test TWICE. (quite proud of that actually lol)

I'm not good on a bike.

Comment

The OH goed cycling but off road and sometimes takes daughter I have been in the past and have still got my bike but there is no way I want to go. I said you two go and I will sit in the pub garden and wait for you but havent done that yet.
                  Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                  and ends with backache

Comment

twosheds - why are you not in the bath already, soaking yourself?!

Comment

Tell the bone idle bobbies to get there finger out and interview the driver at the least for Driving with out due care and attention - he has done the job for himself saying "i didn't see him".... (wild with anger!!!!). I would happily put a file in for the powers that be for to look at. I take it they did fill out the paperwork as under the Road Traffic Act they are obliged to record it if anyone is injured other than the driver....
                      Make sure you claim for the whole cost of the bike! Sprocket the dog sends her sympathy as she was nearly run over on the way to the allotment for strawberries and spuds for teas, (ignorant foul mouthed man!). Hope you are not too sore.
                      Karen

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
                      Even a journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step!

Comment

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) so sorry 2 hear that!
                        Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

cant ride a bike cant drive a car but do know how bruises feel...commiserations......
                          http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...gs/jardiniere/

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                            A hem.
                            It's been proven that drivers are even more reckless around helmets, because they perceive the cyclist to be "safe"
                            That is providing they see them!

Hope you're feeling better soon - here, have some big ole Wayne sympathy - *SYMPATHY*
                            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by Sprocket* View Post
                              Tell the bone idle bobbies to get there finger out and interview the driver at the least for Driving with out due care and attention - he has done the job for himself saying "i didn't see him".... (wild with anger!!!!). I would happily put a file in for the powers that be for to look at. I take it they did fill out the paperwork as under the Road Traffic Act they are obliged to record it
                              the police attended, they interviewed him, and me, they made a report, they had witnesses, and then they referred the incident to Kings Lynn (where the powers that be live, or it could be code for "file in the bin", lol)

Comment

I am so sorry that you have had such a horrid thing happen to you today. My son and heir had a nasty fright on his way home from school today, two cyclists ploughed into him on the pavement knocking him to the ground and smashing his mobile phones screan in the process,they didn't stop. There is a bike lane on the road his school is on but it finishes before the school with a big sign to tell cyclists to get off their bikes, these two ignored this and as he stepped out of school they ploughed into him. He is really shaken and upset. I am just so glad he didn't fall into the road as a result.
                                Last edited by miffy; 09-06-2009, 07:46 PM.
                                When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X