No announcement yet.

just been hit by a car

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you are ok TS, hope the bruises heal up quickly for you.

Comment

I agree. If he drove into you, and did not see you, he should be charged with reckless driving. I hope you are not too shook up and that you pursue all the way with the police.
      BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
      Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

This is terrible, poor you! I am still is a state of disbelief that he could say he hadn't seen you - dozy pie-lock. Also made me go a bit cold, as the past couple of weeks I have been cycling my daughter Helena, aged 8, to and from school, and have been so aware of how vulnerable cyclists are (don't worry too much when it's just me, but ten times worse when she is with me). Shudder.

So relieved that you're not too badly hurt, but as others have said, you will no doubt ache like heck tomorrow. It's a b****r about the bike too, hope you can manage to get a replacement before too long, not so easy though if it was handbuilt. Milk that driver for every penny. Grrrrrrrrr

Just out of interest, did you have a reflective vest on? We go out dressed like beacons, but I'm sure we're still invisible to some (those that fly past too close, at umpteen miles per hour....). No excuse though, even if you weren't.

Take care of yourself (((hugs))).
        Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

Bad news. But a lucky escape, it could have been much worse - rest & recuperation prescribed.
          To see a world in a grain of sand
          And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Must have been scary seeing that bonnet getting closer hope you don't feel too sore in the morning.
            Last edited by Bren In Pots; 09-06-2009, 05:57 PM.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Sends healing vibes! Hope you aren't too sore tomorrow TS. Keep us updated. Judi.
              Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Ouch! That must have been really scary and now very sore! Hope the bruises aren't too bad and the driver puts things right.
                Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

TS that's dreadful - awful that you were hit, but what a ridiculous excuse. It's a driver's responsibility to be aware of other road users. I'm so glad it wasn't any worse for you and hope it all gets sorted out quickly for you.
                  Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                  So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

If he 'didn't see you' then he was driving badly! If he saw you and decided that he had right of way because his car is bigger than your bike, he is an arrogant *&^%^&*&*^^^% and should pay for the bike and something for your bruises!
                    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                      is that what they say now...I didn't see you? Can they really get away with that?
                      yes, motorcyclists have an acronym for it: SIDSYs (sorry I didn't see you). The police can't be bothered, the law is always on the side of the driver, however wrong they are - because the police will not charge them.
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                        Must have been scary seeing that bonnet getting closer
                        I didn't see it coming. I saw him indicating, then I glanced left to make sure nobody was pulling out of the junction on my left, then BANG.
                        I didn't even see him turning in my (highly attuned to idiots) peripheral vision ... so he must have been going pretty quick. I've been riding on the road every day for 25 years, I obey the Highway Code, I have a driving license with no points on it, etc etc ... also, I tend to "feel" when something bad is going to happen, but this one was too quick.

Plus, he entered the junction on the wrong side of the road.

Still, the police said they "couldn't say whose fault it was"
                        Last edited by Two_Sheds; 09-06-2009, 06:19 PM.

Comment

That's just terrible Two Sheds. I'm so sorry for you. I'm sure you feel just awful. I do hope you will feel better in the next day or two. Go for your insurance claim to the max. But those insurance companies try to wriggle out of everything. If your not satisfied with their offer just keep saying no.

Sadly I think our roads are just not safe for cyclists. I look at the situation and think there is no way I would cycle in that. There seems to be a move that says the car is king and blow the cyclists and pedestrians. I can't see that changing. Motorists are not going to give up what they see as their right to get from A to B as fast as they can in their own little cocoon and blow the rest of the world. Rant over.

I do hope you are allright Two Sheds and feel better soon.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Two_sheds, in your first post u said about if it happened to a child....... i live on busy road which has a crossroads in the middle, wish i could draw a map for this....... at the crossroads on my end we have lollypop man in the mornings and after school, the end where the school is at has zebra crossing this leaves two sides of the crossroads unsafe for children. The children that live on the opposite side of the crossroad on the other side of the road have to cross unaided........ i do hope this makes sense........ anyway for past few years there has been petitions from various residents about having sleeping policemen or pelican crossing put on the crossroads, always gets turned down.

Yesterday 2 children were hit by a car..........3 police cars in attendance, who directed the traffic? the LOLLYPOP man..... all 6 police men too busy chatting to driver!!!!! This is the 5th accident in as many months at the same spot and still nothing gets done.

The kids both ok by the way.......both at school this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                              Sadly I think our roads are just not safe for cyclists.
                              Nor for pedestrians. More pedestrians and drivers suffer injuries and death than do cyclists, but nobody says "don't walk" or "don't drive".

I haven't told anything but you lot, because I can already hear everyone saying "you should give up your bike and get a moped or a car".

That is not the answer. Re-education is.

btw, Mr Sheds just did a Speed Awareness Course (for speeding) and the dangers to cyclists wasn't covered, or mentioned, at all.

Rant over (and no offence to you Alice love)

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post

Still, the police said they "couldn't say whose fault it was"
                                Whose fault???? How could it possibly be your fault???

I'm really angry now....

Surely by turning into a road and knocking someone coming the other way off a bike is proof enough that they were in the wrong?

Are cyclists supposed to stop at each junction, hop off the bike, cross the road, and hop back on every time - just because dumb ass drivers are so impatient they can't wait?

I need to go into the greenhouse to calm down, I'm livid!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X