No announcement yet.

My poor cat...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Puss, perhaps he'll be a bit kinder to the girls next door though now he's been on the receiving end, hope he's better soon. Our (female ,spayed) cat used to get in fights when she was younger & lived next door, she used to have horrible bites on her neck which I always ended up bathing as she wouldn't let anyone else touch her. I hate to hear cats fighting it's such an awful sound when they're wailing at each other.
    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I may have to challenge on the 'abscess queen'. Lemmy, now sadly passed, got an unseen abscess from a to do with a local rival - right on the top of his head. as I was stroking - it went, I got squirted - yuk yuk yuk!

OH now has abscess on finger after 'rescuing' my tiny little girl from a fox - she sunk her claws to the bone!

Comment

Whiskers, my son's cat is a very hefty black male cat and is always getting in fights I'm pretty sure he usually wins, but the racket they make is awful! Between him and the dog, they keep the back garden safe for the kittens to play out in the back garden during the day.
        He has had an abcess before, had to get it drained at the vets and clean it with salt water for 2 week or so. I don't think he was very impressed with the bald/cold patch he was left with afterwards though, coz he stayed in for a few days curled up next to the radiator

Comment

Poor little lamb! Please give him a cuddle from me and a saucer of warm milk. Love Bernie
          Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Last night he was looking really pathetic and wouldn't put any weight through his leg...so one sleepless night later....I decided I'd take him to the vet this morning.
            When I finally woke up...he walked ( limped) up the bed to say how do , then promptly started purring, demanding his morning stroke....and then jumped down, helped himself to his breakfast and used his litter tray!!!!!
            ( yup...big softie OH brought all his stuff into our bedroom last night!)

Sooo..clearly in pain- but feeling much brighter....so I'll give him until Monday.
            Looks like he's on the mend now doesn't it!!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

That's great news Nicos, it is always worrying when 1 isn't right.

So far my 3 have had a back injury, been shot by an air gun and had recurrent cystitis - 1 complaint each, so all 3 have been on the Metacam at one stage or another in the last two years or so, and always just after the last bottle has gone out of date!!

Hope he's up to full par by Monday.
              The cats' valet.

Comment

HHmmm..well he's certainly feeling cheeky- when I went to check on him he'd pushed aside the duvet and wriggled between the pillows....just wondering where my OH is going to have to sleep tonight!!!!!

Comment

In my house all 3 can turn up on top of the bed at once, you end up jammed and unable to even turn over.....

.....be nice to him (both of them) as one of them is bound to be feeling off colour...
                  The cats' valet.

Comment

my oldest is a bit of a battler, he's 3 and so far has had 2 absesses, been shot by and air riffle and nearly had his leg amputated and the other week severred his artery in his back leg, my youngest doesn't venture out of the garden and i don't blame him.

we had my youngest as a 5 week old kitten and i wouldn't let him out for yonks, then i completely sealed in the garden and he was content with just going in the garden for about a month before wanting to see what was a bit further and by then i was confident he knew what he was doing.

hope kitty gets better soon, he could be fine and just after the attention!

Comment

Update....

what a difference a few days make!!!

Out for a pee as usual with only a slight limp
                      I'll know when he's back on form when the girlies next door start suffering again!

Thanks for all you advice/support..I was beginning to doubt my 'diagnosis!

Comment

Glad he's feeling better, Nicos.

I'll fight you for the title, Rogesse. Here's the result of one of Rosco's abscesses. After this pic was taken, he went bald from ear to ear, from front to back. Thankfully it did grow back!!

Comment

eww...ouchy ouch!!!
                          Poor little thing!

Comment

Oh poor little mite! I may have to give it to you just because of the poor down trodden look on his face ('oh the humiliation').

Just a thought - about a year later, we lost Lemmy to 'feline aids' possibly contracted from that scrap. In those days we weren't offered such a vaccine but it is now part of the course given when you get your cat done each year. I'm sure we're all responsible pet owners here - but I'm going to nag anyway....

Hope he feels better and his feline pride is restored soon

Comment

Originally posted by rogesse View Post
                              Oh poor little mite! I may have to give it to you just because of the poor down trodden look on his face ('oh the humiliation').

Just a thought - about a year later, we lost Lemmy to 'feline aids' possibly contracted from that scrap. In those days we weren't offered such a vaccine but it is now part of the course given when you get your cat done each year. I'm sure we're all responsible pet owners here - but I'm going to nag anyway....

Hope he feels better and his feline pride is restored soon
                              Feline aids is one thing, but is it leukemia which has similar symptoms, but no vaccine?????????
                              Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by SlugLobber View Post
                                Glad he's feeling better, Nicos.

I'll fight you for the title, Rogesse. Here's the result of one of Rosco's abscesses. After this pic was taken, he went bald from ear to ear, from front to back. Thankfully it did grow back!!

My Esev gets like this sometimes after a fight! Ends up on antibiotics most times as well. Left to get big and burst like this these abscesses stink and make a real mess! yuck still all that poison is better out than in just think of all that pressure when it was full like that. Your cat must have had one hell of a head ache poor thing!

Still cats will be cats there is not that much we can do to stop it and it is coming up to that time of year again, when they want all the more to get out there and be king of the block!

Good luck to all us cat owners, especially us with the wana be Rocky Balboa tom cats, that still want to do a full 15 rounds, even after thay have been nutered for years and should be old enough to know better!
                                Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X