No announcement yet.

My poor cat...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be right Hilary, symptoms are the same. I thought there was a vaccine against the leukemia these days but could be very wrong.

Comment

poor little blighter Nicos

we just had the fright of our lives a week or so back
      one of our cats came back into the house with blood pouring from his eyes and nose, from inside his eye sockets!
      rushed trip to emergency vets on saturday and found a bloody spot on the top of his head - few more trips to vet and xray concluded he had been shot at long range with a high powered air rifle
      we've reported it to police and RSPCA - will also be mailshotting the neighbourhood
      has shaken us as we live in a quiet little street in a quiet little village
      it's horrible to think that someone has done this to our little boy
      Iamhanuman

New Boy & Son Blog My Blog about a new gardener's experiences with his son

AND PLEASE CHECK OUT MY DEAR WIFE'S BLOG
      Independent Minds

Comment

Originally posted by rogesse View Post
        Could be right Hilary, symptoms are the same. I thought there was a vaccine against the leukemia these days but could be very wrong.
        I could be out of date! It was quite a while ago I encountered the situation. It was my son's cat, given to him for his 11th birthday (and apparently quite happy to be treated as a living teddy-bear). We hadn't heard of any vaccine for either problem until he fell ill, aged about 7.
        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

There is a vaccine for feline leukaemia, but I would advise people to research the vaccines independently of a vet or cattery. Many vaccines last much longer than the period between boosters and older cats show natural resistance to many illnesses, when they have been vaccinated as younger cats. It's worth getting titres done if you happen to already be in a surgery for another reason, as you'll find that they often don't need it.

Thankfully I'm a member of the IVIS (International Veterinary Information Service) and also have access to the journals which study the effectiveness of vaccines, but much of the info is in the public domain, too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X