How utterly stupid

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo View Post
    106,000 people in the UK die each year due to smoking. ... Many smoking-related deaths are not 'quick deaths'. ...

8,724 alcohol-related deaths in 2007,

Geo..
    but that does not take into acount the number of deaths caused by drink drivers etc.

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
    Um...do you mean 'they' in the wider world, or on this forum,
    The OP was annoyed that a shopkeeper didn't sell cigarettes on National No Smoking day. Some will agree with his decision, some won't. Such is life.
    'they' as in the wider world, i was not trying to start a row i was just saying how it looked to me, also the op was annoyed that it was 2 days, not just the one day.
    sorry for my opinion, maybee i should not post yet as i am new and not sure what i can say and cant say
    Last edited by pampas; 13-03-2009, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pampas View Post
      i was not trying to start a row i was just saying how it looked to me, sorry for my opinion, maybee i should not post yet as i am new and not sure what i can say and cant say
      Nothing wrong with posting your opinion at all! Everyone's a friend here, and don't be shy about posting!
      I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

but that does not take into acount the number of deaths caused by drink drivers etc.
        Correct..

These stats are for personal abuse...

Also the smoking stats do not account for adults & children affected by second hand smoke inhalation..

Geo..

Comment

sorry for my opinion, maybee i should not post yet as i am new and not sure what i can say and cant say
          you're opinion is as welcome as the rest of us Pampas

And please don't go and look at the Garden Snob thread, you will feel 'we' are out to get you
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

Be interesting to see how many accidents are caused by drivers lighting a cigarette...

(I'm an ex-smoker by the way)
            A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
              me too since 1995

I'm not having a slap at you guys that do smoke here - but how can you justify what it (undoubtly) does to your body? As I say, it isn't a pop, it's an honest (not loaded) question.

And yes, I drink a little too much alcohol - so I am a total hypocrite
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                you're opinion is as welcome as the rest of us Pampas

And please don't go and look at the Garden Snob thread, you will feel 'we' are out to get you
                thankyou piskieinboots, had alook but did not post hehehe.

Be interesting to see how many accidents are caused by drivers lighting a cigarette...

or by putting makeup on when driving, or telling our toddlers off whilst behind the wheel or using the phone, lots of things can cause accidents, i was only expressing my opinion sorry if it grated with you, i have found over the years that a lot of ex-smokers like to lecture the ones that still smoke, nothing personal hw

Comment

...i have found over the years that a lot of ex-smokers like to lecture the ones that still smoke, nothing personal hw
                  I have just been 'done' for speeding, I am awaiting my slapping - when Snowdrop (my hubby, Pampas) goes a little over the limit I get all humph humph - he says 'first you were a reformed smoker, now you are a reformed speeder' - fair point says I
                  aka
                  Suzie

Comment

i have found over the years that a lot of ex-smokers like to lecture the ones that still smoke, nothing personal hw
                    Equally, I often find smokers adopt the "everyone's picking on me". Likewise.

I never lecture smokers - just don't do it round me is all I ask.
                    Last edited by HeyWayne; 13-03-2009, 11:45 AM.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                      'first you were a reformed smoker, now you are a reformed speeder' - fair point says I
                      I'm a reformed saver. After years of haemorrhaging money at an alarming rate, I've become Mrs '...And Which Account Did That Come Out Of, Darling?' Both are probably a little bit annoying.
                      I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Well I'm afraid I'm a smoker. Not particularly proud of it and am more than aware of what it does to your health. It is an addiction though and like with other addictions, if you don't get it in one place, you'll just go somewhere else to buy it, so one shop not selling ciggies for 2 days, I'm afraid would make very little difference in my opinion
                        AKA Angie

Comment

Equally, I often find smokers adopt the "everyone's picking on me". Likewise.

I never lecture smokers - just don't do it round me is all I ask.
                          i dont think anyone is picking on me was just having my opinion, sorry never meant to offend you, and well done for giving up

Comment

90% of people are caused by accidents!
                            The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                            Brian Clough

Comment

Obviously I'm in the minority here who think well done on that shop keeper - yes am sure he's not perfect but if it makes one person thing then that's good. I am forever grateful that when I tried smoking as a young teenager I didn't get it so didn't try again. If I'd enjoyed it and my friends had also then I'd probably have become addicted. Yes I drink, but not to adiction levels. Had a couple last Friday with a friend and nothing since. May have a glass or two of wine tonight, but only if I decide to do so, not because I feel a need. That it not antisocial, whereas if I sat on the sofa with my OH smoking away I would be harming both myself and him. There is a big difference between somebody who enjoys the occaisional drink and a binge drinking alcoholic.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

i dont think anyone is picking on me was just having my opinion, sorry never meant to offend you, and well done for giving up
                                Likewise - I wasn't lecturing.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X