Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
    Home*-*New Dungeon Ghyll Hotel where my OH proposed
    Lovely thanks! You are quicker than me! Im cooking tea whilst doing this.....
    Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
      Don't watch enough telly to comment DDL but love living here. Wouldn't move ever if I had my way. Can find places for you to stay if you do want to come down here. The farm where I grew up is now a boarding kennels and they have a caravan they let for holidays too.

Im so envious of you! Many thanks, will bear your offer in mind when we want to come down.
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdoglancashire View Post
        Im so envious of you! Many thanks, will bear your offer in mind when we want to come down.
        Please do.

Oddly enough, I lived in the Ribble Valley for a while in the 1971 - my dad was working there building the Stocks Reservoir (at least I think that was the name)
        Happy Gardening,
        Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
          Please do.

Oddly enough, I lived in the Ribble Valley for a while in the 1971 - my dad was working there building the Stocks Reservoir (at least I think that was the name)
          Quite close yes, although we only visited the Stocks Reservoir when we lived in Yorkshire and we were into trout fishing in a big way. Never fished it though - bit too big for me.
          Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
            Home*-*New Dungeon Ghyll Hotel where my OH proposed
            Youve given me an idea for another thread...........................
            Bernie aka DDL

Comment

A group of us stayed here The Wild Pheasant Hotel, Llangollen, Denbighshire, North Wales - part of Llangollen Hotels. a few years back. Great food, lovely Spa, fantastic scenery, and lovely people. Probably couldn't afford it now I don't suppose, but for a couple of night to spoil yourself, well, why not?
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

went camping at a little place called hutton roof years ago, was lovely, (apart from the tent leaking) tis near kirby lonsdale, probably a B&B near and not too far to drive but then it depends what you want, if you want quiet it's lovely

hutton roof - Google Search

Comment

How about Whitby.
                  The North Yorkshire Moors Railway is close.
                  NORTH YORK MOORS RAILWAY - WELCOME ABOARD
                  The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                  Brian Clough

Comment

Blackpool's always cheap and cheerful, and there are nice places round about.
                    Just a thought

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
                      Blackpool's always cheap and cheerful, and there are nice places round about.
                      Just a thought
                      That's next door!
                      The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                      Brian Clough

Comment

my daughter has just been to Whitby a few weeks ago and thought it was a great place. She went over for the Goth festival. Says it is compact but has everything. would love to see it from her description.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

The Gower, drop dead beautiful scenery, lovely walks, fab people, snuggly pubs, luverly food. Sorted.
                          When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Would Bethsy-coed be too far. We have spent so many holidays there and absolutely love it.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

My sis has just moved to Maryport and she says Allenby is close by. She took my daughter up there on holiday last year and pickle says it is great. Just on the edge of the lakes, close to Keswick too.
                              I'm planning a weekend up there soon, to scope out the campsites (as well as my sis and her partner's new house) so we can see them and have holidays at the same time.
                              Kirsty b xx

Comment

Thanks everyone for your super ideas! You' certainly given us something to think about. Shall discuss these with hubby and will try and let you know where, if anywhere, we end up.
                                Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X