Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol cheers for the warning.......
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

It works well. Superglue was developed for wound closure in the Vietnam war. Madmax had his scalp glued when a car bonnet broke his noggin a few years back - no problems whatever!
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
        It works well. Superglue was developed for wound closure in the Vietnam war. Madmax had his scalp glued when a car bonnet broke his noggin a few years back - no problems whatever!
        Sorry, didn't mean to offend, I know that the super glue is good, I was saying lol to the eybrow comment....

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Comment

I agree that the sensible answer is A&E but without going in to it, the experience I had 2 years ago was that painful both physically and emotionally, I would need to have a virtually severed limb before considering......

Comment

Fair enough.

We have had a fair few visits to A&E where we wished we weren't there. However, a couple of weeks ago when elder son went out to celebrate his 18th birthday and got his hands cut about a bit, they were great and restored my faith.
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

cheers for the concern I do appreciate it.
              I'll compomise... if I start to feel dizzy,get double vision or want to throw up, I'll go to A&E....promise!

Comment

Blimey Steve - are you related to Lynda? (tee hee hee) lol!
                Last edited by Glutton4...; 18-02-2009, 09:59 PM.
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

She's my sister didn't you know?....:P

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                    Blimey Steve - are you related to Lynda? (tee hee hee) lol!
                    wondered who'd say that first ...... when i do summat stoopid like that i usually do a pwoper job ..... that ain't nowt but a minor flesh wound lol

bless hope it's better tomorrow
                    Last edited by lynda66; 18-02-2009, 10:20 PM.

Comment

I've just completely misread your post! All this talk about chickens.

I read..."Was Almost finished knocking in the final post when the chook that I was using on top of the post to protect the post from the sledge hammer that I was using decided to shatter....."

First I thought. hmmm chickens don't shatter. Then it dawned on me Doh!

Comment

Cripes- you could have lost your eye!!

I've been smashing down walls and cement rendering off granite stones ( well it makes a change from painting!!!!)- and although wearing goggles for part of the time - I have to admit that when I got all hot and sweaty the goggles have just steamed up and I ended up whacking my thumb or fingers by mistake!!!

eyes/bruised fingers????....you've helped me make my choice!

Hope it's finally started to heal!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Gaffer tape - fixes everything!

Being as vertically liberal as I am I often bang my head, with the odd occasion resulting in some claret letting, never bled for more than 45 minutes though. Impressive.
                          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Superglue is good for wounds, but the way you're going, you'll probably glue your hand to your head. I go with the gaffer tape idea. That and cable ties. You can NEVER have too many cable ties.

Comment

Originally posted by Maf View Post
                              I've just completely misread your post! All this talk about chickens.

I read..."Was Almost finished knocking in the final post when the chook that I was using on top of the post to protect the post from the sledge hammer that I was using decided to shatter....."

First I thought. hmmm chickens don't shatter. Then it dawned on me Doh!

Your not alone Maf, I read it that way too!

Hope you're feeling lots better today RedThorn.
                              There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Aw Steve bless, that looks a bit uncomfortable mate!! You sounded a bit shook up on the phone last nite as well. I do hope you are ok; get better soon hun! {{{ Hug}}}
                                Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X