No announcement yet.

Any suggestions to help stiff muscles?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an ice pack on my back as we speak - it really isn't that bad after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
      Mum suggested Ibuprofen creme - is that a better bet...?
      nah - you want clotted
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

With a scone. Or two.

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
          nah - you want clotted
          Mmm, with choccy steamed sponge (still haven't made those melty middle choccy puds by the way)
          Happy Gardening,
          Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
            I have an ice pack on my back as we speak - it really isn't that bad after a while.
            Hmm - still doesn't sound as much fun as the warm bath/massage - however I've put the picnic cold pack in the freezer and will give it a go later.

Just off to the chemist on the corner for Olbas Oil or tiger balm.

Comment

I sometimes get a stiff back after gardening & usually find a hot water bottle in a fluffy cover in the small of my back does the trick. Maybe you should get one of those neck wrap type things you can warm up in the microwave or cool down in the fridge, that might help.
              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Sorry Hazel - off topic - but I really fancy a scone with clotted cream now. Every time I think about it - my back stops hurting.

How does that happen?

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                  How does that happen?
                  cos it's magic - everyone knows that, if you are not sure ask a Piskie
                  aka
                  Suzie

Comment

Thanks Piskie.

xxx

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                      and eat protein
                      Very interesting - does protein help to protect against muscle pain, or help to heal it, or both? It's just that that's something I haven't heard before in relation to this topic.
                      My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

protein aids in the rebuilding of muscle - at least it did when I used to teach Weigh-training and Power-Lifting, but it could be fairy cakes now the way they change their minds
                        aka
                        Suzie

Comment

Only just caught up with this Hazel - Ibuprofen helps - but it's only masking the problem really. Warmth seem to do the trick. And not doing too much next time!
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

A very muscular man, no t shirt lots of baby oil and a long massage, waste anyones aches away......

runs away b4 goes on norty step
                            Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Hazel the jacob marley cure for ache's and pain's is a good soak in hot bath with 4 spot's of essence of fennel dropped into it it stink's the house out but it do's work hope it help's....jacob
                              What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                              Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Ok - just got out of warm/hot bath and had tiger balm rub. Forgot to wash hands afterwards so they are now very hot as well as my neck and shoulders. Did 10 mins of gentle stretches too, however, as I am a weedy girly I don't feel up to facing ice pack.

Going to pour a glass of JA wine now.

Smells in here of a cross between dentists (clove oil) and christmas cake factory (cinnamen), which is an improvement on smelling of Deep Heat. What does essence of fennel spell like? I feel a trip to the body shop coming on & I can have a niff!

Good thought about the wheat heater jobbies, SueA - my mum's got one & says 'tis brill for a stiff neck - I must look out for one.

And not doing too much next time!
                                Didn't feel like I'd done that much at the time, but then it never does, does it?

Well, my body's never been so well attended to - doesn't know what's hit it!
                                Will report back if marked improvement in the morning!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X