No announcement yet.

Any suggestions to help stiff muscles?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Hazel at the Hill;375514]Ok - just got out of warm/hot bath and had .
    .factory (cinnamen), which is an improvement on smelling of Deep Heat. What does essence of fennel spell like? I feel a trip to the body shop coming on & I can have a niff!

. .
    It smell's of strong Peppermint but it linger's but it work's....jacob
    What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
    Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Piskie I think fairy cakes are a very close second behind protein from eating meat.
      Closely followed, Hazel, by chocolate, lots of it.
      Always worked for me anyway
      Bob Leponge
      Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
        Piskie I think fairy cakes are a very close second behind protein from eating meat.
        Closely followed, Hazel, by chocolate, lots of it.
        Always worked for me anyway
        Don't really do chocolate - however, is there much protein in wine, I wonder...?

Comment

Two paracetamol, a large glass of what does you good and an early night with a hot-water-bottle!!

Comment

invest in a tens machine, if theres no handy naked muscly bloke to give you an all over massage (tis ok i'm already on norty step) i get very stiff hard lumpy muscles in my shoulders and upper back that i can't reach, a hot bath and half an hour on a gentle pulse works wonders, for loosening them up, not sure what it does for your lactic acid or cake/cream/choccy consumption though
            Last edited by lynda66; 17-02-2009, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
              ..and half an hour on a gentle pulse works wonders, for loosening them up,
              blimey - my Tens only allows 15 mins
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by bobleponge View Post
                oh and how!! I am a girl wot likes me protein

but you know what the professionals are like, change things what are good for you as quick as they change their knickers
                aka
                Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                  blimey - my Tens only allows 15 mins
                  physio said not longer than an hour and a half for pain in the same spot , has yours got a timer or something??

Comment

just tried the very hot bath, will let you know in the morning if it helps or not, although didn't have oil of anything to add to it
                    I need a cure for stinging fingers after a multitude of nettle stings though!!!
                    http://365daysinthegarden2011.blogspot.com/

url]http://clairescraftandgarden.blogspot.com/[/url]

Comment

My physio recommended this exercise when I had a bad back.

Lean forward as far as you can, trying to touch your toes. Make sure you keep you head down. You are stretching the muscles right from the skull down your back and legs.

Hang your arms hang towards the floor. Clench your fists without raising your hands (keep your knuckles at the same height). At the same time clench your bum muscles and backs of legs.

Hold the clench for 5 secs then release. As you do, move your hands closer to the floor. Don't push just relax. Over a few tries you will relax your back muscles and fell better.

When he first told me this exercise I gained 6 inches extra flexibility. I can now touch the floor. Try to do it once in the morning and once in the evening.
                      BW
                      James

I like to try, might not get far, but I like to try.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                        ..has yours got a timer or something??
                        yep, it cuts out after 15 mins
                        ..can I make it go for longer?
                        aka
                        Suzie

Comment

i don't know lol, i got one that the physio reccomended, i can just use it forever ..... there is no timer and it doesn't cut out

does it cut out from overheating or a timer?? if it's not on a timer, it might be b***x*d ........ you should be able to reset it straight away,if it's on a timer ..... 15 mins doesn't sound very long though

Comment

it is a timer
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

hazel,
                              you should try the tactic that top athletes apparently resort to these days.....dunking yourself into a wheelie bin/bath of ice water......haven't tried it myself but the shock from the icewater will probably make you forget all about your aches and pains!
                              Spiderpig

Comment

Originally posted by Jameslovell View Post
                                ..I gained 6 inches extra ...
                                Oooh perfect
                                aka
                                Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse