No announcement yet.

Grape Meet at Wisley new date 7th March

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11am is the time the Essex group think they can make it by, so that's the plan, but if anyone is later, they can contact me and I can let them know where we are.
    I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
    Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Jackie, do you know the route of your coach? It may be that there is a point on the way that we could pick you up (the car will small of dogs, BTW, just as a warning. We won't have them with us on Saturday, but they spend so much time in it that the doggy smell is deeply embedded).
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Only saw this thread last night,, its only 35 miles from me, so hope to make it,, but need to see if I can reschedule a couple of things first..

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
          Jackie, do you know the route of your coach? It may be that there is a point on the way that we could pick you up (the car will small of dogs, BTW, just as a warning. We won't have them with us on Saturday, but they spend so much time in it that the doggy smell is deeply embedded).
          It would be the London ( 401) coach that goes up the M5 motorway, I looked at the coach to bristol but the earliest wouldnt get in till 10.30 am. To get a coach to anywhere near wisley was over £70. I guess I will have to miss out this time.
          Thanks for the offer though.
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
            It would be the London ( 401) coach that goes up the M5 motorway, I looked at the coach to bristol but the earliest wouldnt get in till 10.30 am. To get a coach to anywhere near wisley was over £70. I guess I will have to miss out this time.
            Thanks for the offer though.
            M5, M4, with no stops? Is that to Heathrow, or to city centre? We are not far from the M4......
            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Not sure but I think stops at heathrow
              Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
              and ends with backache

Comment

I think I have sent my mobile number to everyone who is thinking of going, and updated the list at the beginning of this thread. If you haven't received it, let me know.

Meeting 11 am at the tables in front of the shop. Bring packed lunch so we can eat together, it will probably be very busy at all the cafes anyway.

Someone suggested name labels, if you won't feel too silly, this sounds a good idea , especially for those of us with bad memories for names.

As the plan was for packed lunches, and the forecast (at the moment) is good, I was wondering if people want to do a seed swap at lunchtime in the picnic area? It would save postage and help get rid of surplus seeds. Don't worry though if you haven't got anything to bring, it's just a thought.
                Last edited by BarleySugar; 05-03-2009, 10:04 AM.
                I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think a seed swap is a great idea. It's nice doing it via post, but nicer face-to-face I think where someone can rave on about how wonderful these particular peas or marrows are, or how exactly an exploding cucumber can be dangerous.

I'm not even totally sure I will make it, but I'm going to spend the next little while "designing" my name tag. Anything to avoid washing the dishes....

EDIT: If anyone else has loads of time for making a name tag too, there are some nice floral/veggie fonts here to download and use. I'm sure no one will be upset if you take a piece of paper and write yours with a ballpoint pen if you don't have time or interest for this.
                  Last edited by Growem; 05-03-2009, 02:14 PM.

Comment

The following will link you to the Event Programme, so you can plan what to see and when to eat, chat to grapes etc.

http://www.rhs.org.uk/whatson/garden...YODayMar09.pdf

Gates open at 9am, so if you get there early you can visit the veg garden before the start of scheduled events. But as the last demo is at 3.30pm and Wisley closes at 6pm, then you'll still have lots of time to wander around the gardens after, as well as time for tea.

Comment

See you all tomorrow
                      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Have a great time tomorrow all of you who are going. Wish I was....
                        Kirsty b xx

Comment

Absolutely gutted.

Was really looking forward to meeting you all, esp Ire jan, Hashette, Hillaryb and of course Redthorn (the CTAM Gang) , guess things were not meant to be, no way I could get out of the madhouse for 5 minutes today at alone 5 hours .

Hope you all had a great time, and I hope that there can be another meet in the not too distant future that I will be able to make it to..
                          Last edited by Chillimad; 07-03-2009, 12:33 PM.

Comment

It was really nice to meet everyone, however brief. Great weather for the day, I really enjoyed it. Thanks for organising Barley Sugar.

Comment

Good to hear u enjoyed yourself,.....i envy you
                              Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

I had a good day, thanks for organising it Barleysugar, much appreciated.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X