Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead jealous...........
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Had planned on going today but wasn't able to make it in the end, hope you all had a great time.

Thanks to Barley Sugar for telling me about the meet and sending me your number, hopefully I'll be able to go to the next one.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who turned up, it was lovely to meet so many Grapes. I would like to thank DD for making such a lovely sign so we could find each other. The weather was beautiful, we ate our lunch in the picnic area, and swapped a load of seeds as well, so thanks to all who brought stuff along.
        I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
        Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Lovely to meet you all, and thanks for organising Barley Sugar

Really sorry you couldn't make it Chillimad, it would have been great to meet you

On on Growem
          http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

On On Hashette.

Comment

Hi all - fab day!

Loved the glass house, and the veggie garden with nowt in! I imagine the place is beautiful in the summer.

DH was amazed I managed to get home without buying anything in the shop (quite an achievement for me - but the length of the checkout queues was a great help! lol).

Lovely to meet so many great people, it was great to chat with 'strangers,' and I'm really sorry we didn't get more time. I seem to have aquired 'several' packets of seeds from those of you who were generous enough to bring your spares (even though I forgot ), so I will definitely participate in the next 'seed-swap' to get rid of the excess!

Sorry, if I don't mention everyone (I've hit the vino now ) but I enjoyed Mr & Mrs Hashette's sense of humour immensely, Barleysugar's guided tour, Irie Jan and RedThorn's company on the voyages to-and-fro. Thanks to HilaryB, Dottie, Woofster, Lettucegrow + Mum, Storming Norman and ElizaJay (I think that's everyone ) for a fab day.

We'll have to do it again!

Cheers

Apologies if I've forgotten anyone!
              Last edited by Glutton4...; 07-03-2009, 08:41 PM.
              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Hear hear to a great day. Thanks all. A special thanks to our pilot and to Barley Sugar for organising

It was great to finally meet some people off the vine and finally put faces to names! Thank you
                Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

We had a great time, and plan on going again, as well as more meet-ups! I only half took in most of the people, but it was wonderful to meet you!
                  Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Thanks Barley Sugar for organising and informing us of the event, it was great to meet everyone and I really enjoyed the day.

Although there was lots to absorb, free seeds etc, I still needed my fix and bought 2 pack of asparagus on leaving. To be fair it is "Pacific Purple", which will look lovely as it shoots up alongside my green asparagus. Plus as is was a free entry day, then I feel it's a small contribution towards Wisley's extra staff expenses, who were all extremely helpful and friendly.

I arrived at 9.30am and left at 5.30pm, so feeling absolutely exhausted now.

Comment

It was a lovely day and it was great meeting other Grapes and being able to put faces to the names on the vine. Thanks, Barley Sugar for the idea and bringing it all about.
                      I am absolutely stunned that I managed not to spend any money but as Glutton said, the queues at the checkout really helped ! Until the next time...

Comment

Hello All, lovely day yesterday. Good to meet up with like minded gardening fanatics! Many thanks Barley Sugar organising us and thanks to all for the interesting seeds I now have. Looking forward to visiting your chooks Hashette. I'm afraid I gave in to the temptations in the shop and bought some mini potato tubers - very interesting,almost black skins and a wierd looking bulb that will be a Dracunculus Vulgaris when it grows up! I like odd looking stuff. Thanks again, great day out.x
                        Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

I've just noticed the time you posted message Woofster- you're obviously a night owl!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chillimad View Post
                            Absolutely gutted.

Was really looking forward to meeting you all, esp Ire jan, Hashette, Hillaryb and of course Redthorn (the CTAM Gang) , guess things were not meant to be, no way I could get out of the madhouse for 5 minutes today at alone 5 hours .

Hope you all had a great time, and I hope that there can be another meet in the not too distant future that I will be able to make it to..
                            Aww Chilli (((hugs))) there will be other times we can meet, the logistics of these things can be hard at times! some dates will always be better for some than others, you know how it goes!

I will still keep you company on the ctam thread not sure about today,as I must go feed thecats and I want to wash my greenhouse down! I was suposed to do that last weekend but did not get the chance. Well no excuse today, the sun is shining so Im out of here! might pop back later we will see!

Take care to all the Wisley peeps and thanks for coming it was so nice to meet you all. I had a lovely day! Please see my thread Didn't We Have A Lovely Day The Day We Went To Wisley!

Love to all!
                            xx Irie Jan
                            Last edited by Irie Jan; 08-03-2009, 09:13 AM.
                            Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

Still waiting for piccies.... Did nobody take a camera?!
                              Last edited by SarzWix; 08-03-2009, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Someone did- Hashette maybe?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X