No announcement yet.

Grape Meet at Wisley new date 7th March

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes,still on for next week. We went to see the butterflies,well worth the drive and it was packed.Parking was fun!! Are we all going to wear labels with our names on lol!
    Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Hope our cheapo satnav can find us a carpark close enough....... What time should we arrive? Where do we meet up? (and perhaps most important, but not for the Vine, what will my Doggies think of being abandoned on a Saturday!!)
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

There is a car park at Wisley Hilary B and they should fit us all in.It just gets a bit busy when there is something going on. Poor pooches! You'll have to make it up to them with an extra long walk and a bone to chew on.
        Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

Weekdays they sit in the car while we work. No complaints about that, but they really hate being left at home (as often becomes essential in summer, even with our highly-ventilated roof). Can't take them with us to Wisley though......

Comment

Can we PM mobile phone numbers or agree a time and place to meet? I'd hate to drive all that way and not be able to find you all.

Otherwise I suppose I could try walking up to random strangers and muttering (Arthur Dayley style) "Do you grow your own?"
            http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

Originally posted by Hashette View Post
              Otherwise I suppose I could try walking up to random strangers and muttering (Arthur Dayley style) "Do you grow your own?"

that will be sooooo funny, I am trying to come too but I am working friday night so it really depends on how busy I am and how tired I feel in the morning.
              Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
              Bob Dylan

Comment

I suggest we meet in front of the Wisley shop, by the tables set out for the cafe. I could make a plackard, Grapes Meet Here, like they have at the airports. I'll PM my mob number to all on the list, so if anyone gets delayed we can let you know where we are id we've started going round. The people from Essex hope to be there by 11, so although it opens at 9, I suggest this should be the time we all meet up.
                I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm going to buy a big bunch of grapes and drive round the car park waving them out the window - I'll be easy to spot!

Should be there 11 o'clock-ish.

Sorry BarleySugar, you beat me to it!
                  Last edited by Glutton4...; 28-02-2009, 08:47 PM.
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by BarleySugar View Post
                    I suggest we meet in front of the Wisley shop, by the tables set out for the cafe. I could make a plackard, Grapes Meet Here, like they have at the airports. I'll PM my mob number to all on the list, so if anyone gets delayed we can let you know where we are id we've started going round. The people from Essex hope to be there by 11, so although it opens at 9, I suggest this should be the time we all meet up.
                    Sounds pretty good to me! leaves enough time to do all the morning routine before setting off (AND an extra long walk for the dogs)

Comment

Oh no!!!!! I cant make it on Saturday! I am really saddened by this, but am hopeful that we can meet here again in the summer months! was so looking forward to meeting some of you lovely people. I am so sorry.
                      Last edited by Headfry; 04-03-2009, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BarleySugar View Post
                        Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                        I'm going to buy a big bunch of grapes and drive round the car park waving them out the window - I'll be easy to spot!

Should be there 11 o'clock-ish.

Sorry BarleySugar, you beat me to it!
                        Love your ideas ladies! I will be with Glutton4. I could always shout out market fashion Grapes meet your loverly grapes here!
                        Last edited by Irie Jan; 04-03-2009, 09:45 AM.
                        Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have PM'd my moblie number to everyone I have on the list. If I have missed anyone, or you want to come, let me know and I'll send you my number.
                          I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                          Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

If I bought a bunch of grapes, I'd be waving an empty stalk by the time I get there!! Mine will be winter grapes, ha ha!

Are we still meeting at 11?
                            Last edited by SlugLobber; 04-03-2009, 12:51 PM.

Comment

only just seen this thread ..........
                              i'm 50-50 .... depends on my son and his footy .........
                              http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

I have found a cheap coach ticket to London on saturday but not sure about coming cos I would like to. Would anyone be able to pick me up from london or is there some one nearer to me that I could meet and come with.
                                Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                                and ends with backache

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X