This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
    If you can get a business to sponser you try and get more than you need personally so that you can say to the team that you have found sponsers for all of you therefore reducing the cost for everyone. I am sure a couple of big companys would do it or even a few small ones as any advertising these days is good.
    Absolutely right. Exactly what do you need to pay FOR? Accommodation? special clothing? Travel costs? The nature of the expense might give a clue to which sort of business to approach for sponsorship.
    Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      Did you explain to them that money was an issue?

You never know, they may have a way round it. If not, just do it.

I will always regret not being able to try out for the British judo team when I was a lass ... we didn't have the money for extra training & transport.
      I know all these sports can cost a lot to keep going. The allround satisfaction and rewards can be well worth it though! Try and do it if you can, I know you will kick yourself if you don't do it!!

Well done for getting so far I do hope you can work it out somehow!

*Small world Two Sheds!*
      My daughter did Judo with the British Judo Association from the age of 7. By 11 she represented her county of Essex as part of the Northern Home Counties, narowly missing qualification to the British Squad that year! By the following year she made it into the GB squad and trained, compeated and traveled with then a lot up untill she was not quite 16! A freak accident on the mat put a stop to her going to the European youth olympics. Broken ankle.

She did go to her club for the odd training sesion after her ankle healed up,(long hall over a year all together) but she never compeated again, partly because her ankle was never really the same after. She also lets lots of other things come between her and her love for the sport!! I do know at 27 she still regrets not geting back into it all .
      Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

As the saying goes; One Life, Live it!

The others have said, and I agree, do it. There's nothing worse than looking back and saying 'I wish I'd...' I know, it's easy for me to say, but I still think your family would support you. What have they said?

Let's all have a whip-round... how 'bout it?
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
          I'll sponsor you £10.00 to get the ball rolling! Then you can tell potential sponsors that you've already got some sponsorship!
          I will match that! now you have 20.00!
          Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

This is a wonderful opportunity for you. You should go, your family will understand it is one of those chance in a lifetime things and the achievement, joy and satisfaction you will get from this is priceless. It is so hard to put yourself first but on this occassion you really should. You are needed so go!
            When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

You are all so wonderful! Becoming part of the Vine community has meant so much to me, little did I realise when I first clicked on the Grapevine Forum link that I would be privileged to become part of something where so much advice and support is so freely given. (Er, just re-read that and it sounds a bit like some kind of Oscar speech, sorry ! But I wanted you to know how much I appreciate all your support, it means a lot.)

I have been mulling it over all day (well, pretty much the two weeks since it was last mentioned actually!), and OH and I are going to have a chat about it once the little 'uns are abed. I'll keep you updated with it (oh no, I hear you cry ), and I'm already scanning about for things to sell on Ebay! Need to look into this sponsorship business further, not something I've ever done before. Rhona and Allotmentlady, thank you for your kind offers! I feel a bit embarrased about it all actually...

Ah, that's enough waffle - watch this space!
              Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

I already said I'd give a fiver, so that's £25, only £275 to go!! (not much if you say it quick )

And you could rent out the kids too
                Last edited by MaureenHall; 10-02-2009, 09:24 PM.
                My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

If everyone else could donate a fiver, we can send her off to sea! Come on everyone, make your pledgesxx

Comment

A fiver from me just tell me where to send it.
                    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                    and ends with backache

Comment

Me too, all we need is the address.
                      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

You MUST go. Where do I send the cash?
                        Nell

Comment

A fiver from me too, just tell me where to send it, it is sitting here right now :-)

Comment

Okay - *big fanfare, trumpets etc* - I'm going!!!. You are all very right, I can't turn this opportunity down, I'd always regret it. I shall spend today formulating letters to send out to businesses etc, and, if you really mean your extremely kind offers of donations I shall PM you my address, you are so kind peeps . I'm starting a new thread, Grape Afloat, where I shall keep you up to date with all related stuff and, ooo, I could do one of those things like they have for Church Roof funds, showing how I'm getting on.

A BIG thank you to you all for being so supportive and persuading me to go for it - without you all I would probably have dithered and declined for a second time. You are all wonderful
                            Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

BRILLIANT!

Fab news.
                              OH yes and a fiver from me too (was gonna spend it on buckets but think you are a more worthy cause lol)

Just tell me where to send....

Comment

BRILLIANT NEWS the best news today whoooooooooooooohooooooooooooo! PM your addy I will send my tenner to you xxxx

BRILLIANT big smile on my face, so you must be like a cheshire cat!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X