Most hated housework

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alice View Post
    Cleaning the oven But I've got a new cooker with self cleaning ovens - so I'm sorted
    This is my pet hate too, and the self cleaning oven is top of my wish list, trouble is this one of ours seems to be going on for ever.
    Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I don't know if it's usual thing but my OH and the next door neighbour(him) are the same sort-keep all the rubbish because"it might be useful later".I had to get used to that but my neighbour(her)said to me"everytime he goes away(he works month offshore and is month off), I get rid of some stuff,and if he asks me about it,I say it is where you put it the last time".
      It doesn't have to be so drastic but sometimes I ask myself"why the earth he needs 10 plugs cut off from faulty electric devices??????"

Comment

Originally posted by coreopsis View Post
        It doesn't have to be so drastic but sometimes I ask myself"why the earth he needs 10 plugs cut off from faulty electric devices??????"
        My OH does that as well and he cuts all the buttons off clothes ( shirts ) why cos he never uses them !!!
        Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
        and ends with backache

Comment

I hate ALL housework! I do it if I'm expecting visitors though and it takes me a couple of days - that's without cleaning the oven and dusting the skirting boards and cleaning the windows and hiding the ironing - and there's only me and the cat here
          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

You see Andi & my problem is that we're both hideous hoarders!!!At least if one of us was ruthless & tidy things mightn't be quite so bad!....I'm off to box up 5 years worth of hardly touched colouring in books to donate to the Docs surgery!
            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

tidying my room......... grrrrrrrr
              Stacey x ♫

Comment

Originally posted by jackie j View Post
                I have been a bit ruthless lately and have got rid without her knowing.
                Best way - pickle is good about getting rid now, but when she was tiny she wouldn't let me get rid of anything, so I got in habit of just before birthday or Christmas I clear out while she is at school, but she is distracted by presents so doesn't really notice. I had to be really sneaky about it at first, but now its just accepted as a given that I will do it. All the rooms get done, lazy stepsons room got emptied at weekend, and even at 18 he wasn't permitted an opinion on what, where, or whatever. When I want the boy's opinion, I'll tell him what it is.
                Kirsty b xx

Comment

We're a family of 5 hoarders, in a too small house So tidying is the worst/hardest job in our house. I don't mind cleaning, but I hate the full day of sorting required just to be able to thoroughly clean one room. Then within half a day, it looks a mess again, which is totally infuriating!
                  I don't do ironing - the tumble dryer sorts that one out! We have a dishwasher, but if it's full I don't mind hand-washing the overspill.
                  I do loathe clothes washing, mainly, I think, because you can never stand back and get the satisfaction of saying "That's done" - with 5 of us it's a constant never-ending job
                  Anyway, whatever housework needs doing, if there's a gardening job to be done, it takes priority

Comment

I don't actually like putting the dishes away once they have been washed, but i don't mind washing them.
                    We have recently got a dishwasher and i don't mind filling it up but i don't like emptying that either.

I hate clothes washing too...my other half has 2 grown up sons and they only seem to wear something for an hour and then it's in the wash.

I don't like cleaning the windows cos if your like me no matter how hard you try to get them smudge free they are always more smudges.

When i lived at home with my parents i used to love to do the ironing but i hate it here and only do it if we are going out, otherwise we use the dryer.

i hate cooking i always find this a chore, it's a good job my other half is a really good cook.

I love hoovering it relaxes me....and i don't mind dusting and i don't mind cleaning the bathroom

Comment

My iron has sat in a bag for 4 years, now, poor little thing! No-one has EVER commented on my crease status and I'm the queen of shaping things whilst wet!

Hoovering - necessary evil, what with two furry critters loose in the hoose! I have a friend who is allergic to cats visiting next weekend. I'm not sure whether to hoover my week away or spray everything with water to dampen the dust down!

Comment

i don't own an iron, well i do but i packed it off with sons stuff when he went off to uni ... when he joined the army cadets he was told he had to iron his own uniform, which meant he could iron his own school uniform too, me i just buy stuff that doesn't need ironing .... and chuck it in the dryer, even if it's been on the line 10 mins gets rid of most creases

hoovering annoys me cos i always have to empty the hoover from last time i did it and i got a bagless one, and you can't empty the damned thing without all the dust flying up, and i got it cos i'm asthmatic ....... doesn't help lol

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                          i don't own an iron, well i do but i packed it off with sons stuff when he went off to uni ... when he joined the army cadets he was told he had to iron his own uniform, which meant he could iron his own school uniform too, me i just buy stuff that doesn't need ironing .... and chuck it in the dryer, even if it's been on the line 10 mins gets rid of most creases

hoovering annoys me cos i always have to empty the hoover from last time i did it and i got a bagless one, and you can't empty the damned thing without all the dust flying up, and i got it cos i'm asthmatic ....... doesn't help lol
                          Just go on strike until someone else does it lol.....i hate emptying the hoover too......dampen a carrier bag and empty into it, it stops dust flying about too much and helps the chest
                          Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
                            Just go on strike until someone else does it lol.....i hate emptying the hoover too......dampen a carrier bag and empty into it, it stops dust flying about too much and helps the chest
                            I take the whole thing outside to do it so you don't get the dust inside.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

ironing, hate it
                              Yo an' Bob
                              Walk lightly on the earth
                              take only what you need
                              give all you can
                              and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                                I take the whole thing outside to do it so you don't get the dust inside.

i usually do it into the compost heap, but the wind always catches it, i usually get son to do the stairs when he's home, so he empties it, cos it's always full of shavings and straw lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X