No announcement yet.

Most hated housework

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate cleaning the bathroom, particularly the loo, two big boys with dodgy aims in our house!!
    Love hoovering, like to see how much muck i am getting rid of in the cyclone, sad i know but feels theraputic somehow.
    When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
      Despite what you'd probably all imagine from me,after my seemingly constant moaning about it,I actually really like cleaning.....I just HATE the constant battle with clutter & tidying up that I have to do before I clean!Even the ironing I find relaxing in a really odd way.....it's just the initial battle to get the ironing board out & then having all those clothes to put away at the end of it!
      I can't even blame the kiddies for a lot of the clutter cos I know it's mainly me....little piles of stuff just seem to follow me around!
      At this point I must thank(I think) Two_Sheds,for putting up a link last week to do with plastic storage boxes...it has lots of tips on de~cluttering....which as yet I will only admit to reading & taking inspiration....but who knows???maybe I can get the art of being tidy!!
      Ironing only happens for 'special occasions' in this house (few mins in tumble dryer, except when the weather is foul or we are working so not able to hang things outside, then longer in tumble dryer), but I do agree about cleaning and clutter. Cleaning is satisfying, but getting enough clear space to DO any cleaning........ Not helped by me being a hoarder, and also having a lot of stuff that belongs to the kids (who don't seem to want it back, but somehow you can't throw it away)
      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary B View Post
        Not helped by me being a hoarder, and also having a lot of stuff that belongs to the kids (who don't seem to want it back, but somehow you can't throw it away)
        You mean my kiddies might not want the "box a year" of stuff I manage to accumulate for each of them,when they turn eighteen???...I have improved just slightly....I no longer keep every birthday & Christmas card that they recieve!....but for some really obscure reason,despite definately not wanting anymore kiddies,I can not bring myself to throw away a huge sackful of their tatty old nappies!!
        The worst of it all is....I know I'm passing it onto DD...a couple of weeks ago we sorted her wardrobe & popped too small clothes in a charity shop bag....she had a major trauma at getting rid & ended up convincing me they could go up in the loft!!!
        the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I'll send pickle round to help. She's a ruthless little mare. Sorted hers the other week and got rid of two big bags via freecycle and one bag for rags.

Every now and again I sort her room, and the rule is if I can't find all the bits or its broke - it goes!
          Kirsty b xx

Comment

Hovering the stairs!! dont mind hovering the main rooms but hate lugging the hover up and down the stairs.
            Hate washing dishes as well.
            Not to keen on changing the duvet cover either.
            Life isnt about surviving the storm.....But learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty b View Post
              I'll send pickle round to help. She's a ruthless little mare. Sorted hers the other week and got rid of two big bags via freecycle and one bag for rags.

Every now and again I sort her room, and the rule is if I can't find all the bits or its broke - it goes!
              Did I say you're more than welcome to pop round after spud day!!!
              (are you still going?)
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Hope so. Should know for sure mid-week.
                Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by LizyDrippin View Post
                  Cleaning the bathroom I'm constantly amazed at the mess the male of the species can make
                  I can't tell you ... OK I will allude to what happened last night.

OH has been away all w/end. I past the outside loo & said "phew it stinks out here". He said "Not me, I haven't been here since Friday"

I looked. He was right... he had gone on Friday, but hadn't flushed
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I used to loathe the ironing, it really hurts my neck & back ... but then Santa bought me one of these, and it's almost as good as having a maid TEFAL UK Web Site - Express - GV7150

I couldn't recommend it highly enough .. the ironing takes me about 10 mins now instead of an hour (but I still labour & moan & groan over it if Mr Sheds is in the vicinity)

Comment

Oh dear..it makes me feel faint trying to work out what I hate the most!!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

What I really, really hate is having to pick up after other people ... we have cupboards & spaces for everything, so why does it all (shoes, coats, keys, wallets, paperwork) end up in piles from the back door to the front door, and on every surface?
                        grrrr

Comment

Ironing???????
                          Hoovering once a week & we sometimes rearrange the dust.

Last edited by bubblewrap; 10-02-2009, 08:21 AM.
                          The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                          Brian Clough

Comment

Ok..just about recovered!

Hate list.....

Remaking beds with clean bedding ( don't mind the stripping of the bed bit!)
                            Drying the dishes and putting away...again...
                            Unpacking and putting away food shopping
                            Cleaning inside shower
                            Ironing- so I leave it until I'm desperate and make a morning/afternoon of it in front of the TV

Cleaning out fridge ( esp when soil dropped off GYO veg)
                            Defrosting freezer
                            Cleaning the oven
                            Cleaning windows
                            Thorough vacuum( ie moving furniture)
                            ...oh..and most of the stuff I've left out!

Strangely I don't mind cleaning the loo- but there are only 2 of us.

Give me my garden any day!
                            Last edited by Nicos; 10-02-2009, 08:26 AM.
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Which is why I have a cleaner...and found a tidy man who does the washing up and ironing.

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                                You mean my kiddies might not want the "box a year" of stuff I manage to accumulate for each of them,when they turn eighteen???...I have improved just slightly....I no longer keep every birthday & Christmas card that they recieve!....but for some really obscure reason,despite definately not wanting anymore kiddies,I can not bring myself to throw away a huge sackful of their tatty old nappies!!
                                The worst of it all is....I know I'm passing it onto DD...a couple of weeks ago we sorted her wardrobe & popped too small clothes in a charity shop bag....she had a major trauma at getting rid & ended up convincing me they could go up in the loft!!!
                                My daughter is nearly thirteen and will not let me get rid of anything of hers even though I have said she can have the money if we sell it, toys are everywhere, I have managed to get rid of a few bits and bobs recently and clothes she now lets me put into charity shops, she doesnt like me giving her things to friends that have younger children. We have two spare rooms that are full of stuff as well as the loft. I have been a bit ruthless lately and have got rid without her knowing. Cuddly toys that she has hardly played with, barbie dolls, brats dolls these are in brand new condition, lego, duplo lego, crayons, pencil cases that I could open a shop with have been put into the loft or the spare bedrooms, I am running out of room. Some things I keep as I have one grandson and I am sure there will be more one day. I dread to think what would happen if we moved.
                                Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                                and ends with backache

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X