No announcement yet.

sprouts

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see i think thats my problem, when i was a kid you sat in front of your plate and ate it all, whether you liked it or not ....... now i's all growed up i'm allowed to say they are revolting and not eat them

Comment

Originally posted by selfheal View Post
      theres a scientific reason why people either love or hate sprouts.

sprouts contain sulphur, and when cooked (particularly for too long) they release the sulphor.
      yet another reason why you shouldn't light your farts after eating sprouts then

Comment

Cook small, trimmed sprouts in lightly salted water until ALMOST but not quite al-dente. Strain and pat dry. Put a good knob of butter and a small glug of olive oil in a pan and gently fry three rashers of smoked back bacon and a small handful of flaked almonds until lightly browned. Add a small carton of double cream and two tablespoons natural yoghurt. Boil for a few minutes and add the zest of a small lemon, pepper and salt. Add the sprouts and a squeeze or two of lemon juice, cover pan and simmer very gently for 15 mins. Serve immediately, scattered with a few toasted, flaked almonds.

Comment

Sorry, meant to say this recipe is for a pound and a half of sprouts.

Comment

a .......... pound .........and ........a ..............half ??????????? EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK *faints*

Comment

Linda, just try one, for me.Truly they are delicious!

Comment

That's more-or-less what we had on Crimbo day - and they were fab - I ate LOADS

(parp... parp...)
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X