No announcement yet.

sprouts

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had our sprouts stir-fried in garlic and sesame seeds ~ Mr S still left them till last, and I made him eat every last one (he only had 3)

He was up all night f@rting, so serves me right
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

My cousin does them beautifully with cream and lemon and almonds, I shall look out her recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Polly Fouracre View Post
        My cousin does them beautifully with cream and lemon and almonds, I shall look out her recipe.
        the problem is ..... whatever you cover them with ....... they still taste like sprouts

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
          the problem is ..... whatever you cover them with ....... they still taste like sprouts
          You WILL NOT let this sprouts thread die peacefully will you Lynda? Lol
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Well it is sprouts again tonight sort of bubble .n.squeak with cold turkey bostin....jacob
            What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
            Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
              You WILL NOT let this sprouts thread die peacefully will you Lynda? Lol
              nothing peaceful about sprouts

Comment

Originally posted by jacob marley View Post
                Well it is sprouts again tonight sort of bubble .n.squeak with cold turkey bostin....jacob
                poor you ...... i'm havin choccie cake

Comment

poor you ...... i'm havin choccie cake
                  Why poor me i like bubble.n.squeak plus not many fart's in choccie cake i like that as well ..jacob
                  What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                  Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Better than fererro roche spose...........chocalate dipped sprouts anyone?
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

each to his own (weirdo ) but i'd much rather have the cake

Comment

each to his own (weirdo ) but i'd much rather have the cake
                        You'll be telling me next you don't like deep fried Mars bars Lynda!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                          You'll be telling me next you don't like deep fried Mars bars Lynda!
                          mars bars are food of the gods ..... in every form

and battered jam butties are fab too yummmmmmm
                          Last edited by lynda66; 26-12-2008, 07:21 PM.

Comment

theres a scientific reason why people either love or hate sprouts.

sprouts contain sulphur, and when cooked (particularly for too long) they release the sulphor.

some people really cannot stand sulphur at all and some people dont really mind it- its a bit of a love it or hate it thing.

hence why there is such a divide with sprouts!

Personally i really like my sprouts although overcooked ones can be way too soggy for my liking.

I cooke dour sprouts on christmas day- boiled to slightly undercooked, fried chopped up streaky bacon and some minced onion in a pan with a little butter, added the part cooked sprouts and then sort of stir fried them!

they tasted wonderful, and not a hint of soggyness at all!

Comment

I used to hate sprouts as a nipper, but i love them now. Some of us have a taste change as we get older and some don't. I class myself as one of the lucky ones
                              "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

Originally posted by vegnut View Post
                                I used to hate sprouts as a nipper, but i love them now. Some of us have a taste change as we get older and some don't. I class myself as one of the lucky ones
                                How true! I hated parsnips when I was a kid........now I love em!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X