Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seems there are people out there with taste after all.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been reading this young man's journal on face book. Heard about him quite a while ago.
    Read entry for day 18, when he has such sympathy for what the x-factor contestants had to go through.

Heard the song today, its awful, all wibbly/warbly.

Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty b View Post

Heard the song today, its awful, all wibbly/warbly.
      I had the displeasure of hearing it on the radio on the way back down from the outlaws last night.

It's that kind of uppy downy warbling I can't stand. It's all "listen to how good my voice is, how much range I've got and what tricks I can do with my extraordinary voice" Not about the song at all - all about the singer. Bit like Gordon Ramsey really.
      A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Originally posted by HeyWayne View Post
        Bit like Gordon Ramsey really.
        Does he sing?
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Well, they managed to make No. 1 & 2 in the Christmas chart this week.
          BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Arts & Culture | Christmas double for Hallelujah

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
            Does he sing?
            I do hope not!! Think its how he is more of a 'star' than the food. The cookalong thing is crap with all the dressing up and messing about. How does that teach peeps to cook??
            Kirsty b xx

Comment

Originally posted by kirsty b View Post
              ...How does that teach peeps to cook??
              Dunno. I suppose its a bit like 'buxom' Nigella, 'cute' James Martin, 'boyish' Jamie Oliver and the rest - if one appeals enough to get you interested in cooking real food instead of eating processed 'chemical food' it's got to be a good thing?

Comment

True. I have always liked Ramsey, but found of late that he is getting incredibly up his own @rse. He's turned into a celebrity more than a chef IMHO anyways and that has put me off a bit.
                Last edited by kirsty b; 21-12-2008, 11:24 PM.
                Kirsty b xx

Comment

It's a shame when success goes to their heads. He's probably a great bloke really.

Comment

I like Alexandra's version... think she is a great singer.

*takes cover behind the sofa

I like Leona too.
                    Last edited by pjh75; 22-12-2008, 11:39 AM.
                    pjh75

We sow the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed. (Neil, The Young Ones)

http://producebypaula.blogspot.com/

Comment

At least they will all fade back from whence they came, just like that scottish one from last year (can't even remember his name)

If they had any real talent they would be spotted and signed long before they tried to win a career.

Each to their own like 'em or hate 'em we have, in the end the power to turn it off.

As for Ramsay, one word - tit
                      Kernow rag nevra

Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.
                      Bob Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by kernowyon View Post

As for Ramsay, one word - tit
                        That made me laugh! Whether or not you like him (and I take you don't...), and even if he is overexposed with a huge ego etc., he/his restuarant wouldn't keep 3 Michelin stars if he wasn't a hugely accomplished chef...

I personally can take or leave him really - but I wouldn't think of detracting from his ability to know the inside of a saucepan...
                        I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Originally posted by Rhona View Post
                          That made me laugh! Whether or not you like him (and I take you don't...), and even if he is overexposed with a huge ego etc., he/his restuarant wouldn't keep 3 Michelin stars if he wasn't a hugely accomplished chef...

I personally can take or leave him really - but I wouldn't think of detracting from his ability to know the inside of a saucepan...
                          Ah, but is the Michelin-ness of his restaurants now down to the head chefs rather than him?
                          A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Well, arguably yes, which is kind of why I said 'restuarants'; but that's true of many chefs - also, as Gordon has said, "if you buy a dress by Armani, you don't expect him to have stitched it himself."

He still has - I think - the joint most stars with Alain Ducasse, so he's doing something right!

He also turns out some amazing chefs - Angela Hartnett, Jason Atherton etc. And I like his Kitchen Secrets book...
                            I don't roll on Shabbos

Comment

Originally posted by pjh75 View Post
                              I like Alexandra's version... think she is a great singer.
                              Call that a voice? Now Here's A VOICE
                              YouTube - The Midnight Special / Odetta
                              The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                              Brian Clough

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X