No announcement yet.

favourite 5 minute snack

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't snack any more, but when I was a teenager and not running to fat, I used to have a Flake or a Crunchie dipped in a yogurt. Use the chocolate like a spoon. Quick and half-healthy!
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I misunderstood your post title (didn't read it properly) - I thought you meant an unhealthy snack, not a small meal. doh.

----------

For a quickest small meal thing, I like scrambled egg (microwave 2 mins on medium, keep stirring) on Marmite toast.
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Peanut butter and banana squashed onto a piece of toast!!
        ( dread to think of how many calories in that though!)
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          Peanut butter and banana squashed onto a piece of toast!!
          ( dread to think of how many calories in that though!)
          ooooooooo i love that with cinnamon or nutmeg sprinkled on top and brown sugar, under the grill till the sugar bubbles ........ theres no calories in it

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
            I don't snack any more, but when I was a teenager and not running to fat, I used to have a Flake or a Crunchie dipped in a yogurt. Use the chocolate like a spoon. Quick and half-healthy!
            mmmm yum, sounds good for tea tonight

i just can't be bothered standing in the kitchen for an hour cooking just for me lol

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
              ooooooooo i love that with cinnamon or nutmeg sprinkled on top and brown sugar, under the grill till the sugar bubbles ........ theres no calories in it
              Oh phew!!!!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Drive 4 mins to the local garage. Buy Ginsters pasty. Open and eat. Divine
                Bob Leponge
                Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

open a tin of sardines, mash with lemon and cracked pepper, spread on toast and shove under grill.
                  yummy.
                  Vive Le Revolution!!!
                  'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                  Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by pipscariad View Post

If I need an instant snack I have to confess to having a bowl of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes, preferably with full cream milk (if OH isn't watching!), with plenty of porridge oats on top. Mmmm.
                    You forgot the dollop of extra thick double cream on top!Naughty but nice!
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

hot oven
                      buttered white bread, sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon, five minutes or before the edges burn, yummy.
                      Vive Le Revolution!!!
                      'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
                      Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
                        apparently we could.....but Andi says no!!!....I've still to get his chrimble pressie tho...so who's to say he's won yet/...can't possibly not appreciate a chrimble pressie from his loverly wife!!)
                        Goat, allotment, NOT a good mix, unless you plan on 'zero grazing' with VERY secure housing! Goats get where they aren't supposed to be, and tethering is no answer unless you are only seconds away, as she would need to be indoors at the first drop of rain! Besides which goats need company, you'd have to have 2.....
                        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

High speed (healthy) soup.

frozen mixed veg, hot water (just enough to cover), stock cube (or marmite) heat in microwave until boiling, add peanut butter or tomato puree (or both) as preferred and microwave another min or so. Eat with crusty bread (or whatever bread you've got).
                          Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

Beans (with sausage) on toast
                            OR
                            Dippy Boiled egg
                            OR
                            Eggy Bread
                            Stacey x ♫

Comment

Marmite on toast and a packet of frazzles. Yum

janeyo

Comment

Cheese on cheddar biccies. Lancashire is best, but Wensleydale, Davidstow Cheddar and Red Leicester are all very, very good. If I'm feeling posh, I'll have a handful of cherry toms with it. Does me all year round, that does.

There is another snack that I do, but it involves cooking in advance. Comes from Chile: Soak and then cook some mexican beans (I used mixed beans last time - still excellent).
                                Now for the 5 minute bit:
                                Add salt and mash them up. Cut some cheese of your choice (red leicester best for me with this) and make a flat sandwich with tortilla breads. Place cheese on 1/4 of the bread surface, then fold the rest of the bread, wrapping the cheese so that you have 1/4 of a whole circle. Heat these up so that the cheese has melted, then serve with the beans (hot). Mouthful of cheese/tortilla plus beans is absolute heaven.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X