This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon all.

Had hoped to be out on parade a bit earlier on my first day back. Sorry about that.

Have had a brief look back to try and catch up. Really pleased to see your news, Jay. Bet you were too.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon everybody.

My outdoor paint job is finished. This week has been perfect for it, sanded down, two undercoats and a final top coat. It dried so quickly in the warm weather that I didn't even bother to put a "Wet Paint" sign up by the front door to warn potential visitors.

Nicos, no doubt someone else's cat is enjoying free cat food now . You can never be sure if an item has been mis-delivered (unless you get a photo) or pinched in transit by a dishonest driver, of which there does seem to be a small percentage.

Since I get a lot of deliveries addressed to a house at the bottom of our cul-de-sac I decided to have a sign made with my house number and street name in the hope that will reduce the problem. it's being delivered by A***** tomorrow, (with luck to me and not my neighbour).

I blame the builders or the council or whoever decided to name and number our cul-de-sac, since they saw fit to name the "sac" end of the road differently to the rest, and number those houses 1-8. On our straight bit of road, both sides the houses are odd numbers, and round the bend where the road joins the main village street, are all the even numbers. No wonder strangers get confused!

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
        Pedal pushers Nicos, that’s a blast from the past!x
        Oh Jay!…..don’t get Rary started!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• 24C at the moment, so I’m hiding indoors having a brew
          Actually, we’ve been walking around shops all morning so I needed a bit of down time before starting gardening again.
          (I think Rary would have to lie down if he spotted the invoice for the patio slabs!)

Plenty of tea to go around- do help yourselves. No caaake though, sorry.

We got everything we needed and a couple of extra things of course. My temptation was a frozen blueberry tart….mmmm….

Comment

• Afternoon, I’ve been in and out of the garden all day just now like Nicos I’m hiding indoors with tea and a fruit tea cake.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Joining in with the cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit or three. Hope you enjoyed your trip Snoop. There are now two crows sharing a big lump of wet bread in the bath. I don't know why I bother
              Your hair looks nice Bramble
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Talking of chocolate…. I defrosted the black cherries..
                and then decided to make a chocolate mousse!
                Probably have both together!

Comment

• Thanks for the compliment Flo.
                  A really nice experience today in the hairdressers.
                  When I went to pay she said, it's on the house, a belated birthday gift.

A lovely evening spent in the garden pottering and weeding.
                  Planted out some of my bedding plants, its early, but needs must.
                  My dahlias are up and my early lilys are in bloom.

Glad to see you back Snoop, hope you found your garden doing well.
                  Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6102.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	833.8 KB ID:	2578818
                    The Aurora Borealis! Spectacular tonight!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6102.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	833.8 KB ID:	2578817
                    Last edited by Jay22; 10-05-2024, 10:37 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• ^^^loaded the same photo twice for some reason. This was in Ayrshire tonight!! First time I’ve seen them.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                        ^^^loaded the same photo twice for some reason. This was in Ayrshire tonight!! First time I’ve seen them.
                        Amazing! I'd love to see them.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Oh my Jay!…how wonderful!
                          I’ve never seen them either- even when we stayed near the Artic Circle and there was a massive show going on - we had cloud cover the whole time I kept getting up every 15 minutes to see if there had been a break in the clouds- but alas, nope.
                          Very chuffed for you- what an amazing experience!

Bramble- what a lovely birthday gift- very thoughtful and kind of your hairdresser.
                          Talking of birthdays…it’s my daughter’s today, so if anyone fancies raising a glass- or mug of tea- to her please feel free

Mrs Mop then gardening day today for me. It’s going to be Scorchio here. We had 26C yesterday afternoon and it’s supposed to be hotter today. I ordered a water pump yesterday for my water feature- to go in a large pot. Just hope it’s not too powerful! It had great reviews , so time will tell.

Enjoy your day peeps..we’re back to rain apparently tomorrow so I’m certainly going to make the most of things.

Comment

• Morning

A mix of shopping, gardening, house stuff and visits today.

Bramble that was sweet of your hair dresser.

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                            ^^^loaded the same photo twice for some reason. This was in Ayrshire tonight!! First time I’ve seen them.
                            Jay that's great photo it would look good as a mounted picture.

Raising a mug of tea for Nicos's daughter xx

enjoy your day
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Great photo, Jay. Apparently there was a place south-west of us where the aurora was also visible!

Best birthday wishes to your daughter, Nicos.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Loads of pictures on Faceache this morning of the Northern lights in Sheffield - I didn't see them! Sunny here. Happy Birthday to your daughter Nicos. Have a good day All
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X