This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Lots of lovely pink clouds earlier. Lots of threatening looking grey clouds now. Rain later this afternoon apparently, but it looks like it might arrive earlier.

The smiles headed off when I got up to go and get a closer view of the sky and to get out of my way as Mr Snoop's car broke down last night on the dirt track. We're off to go and try and retrieve it this morning. We thought it had been fixed but evidently not. I'm not a big car fan, despite recognising how useful they are. Fingers crossed it starts all right and keeps going till we get it home, but the likelihood of that is next to nil.

I hadn't expected the interruption, so better try and get a lot done before we head off.

Have a great day, everyone. Hope Mrs Rary is doing well. You too, Jay.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 26-10-2023, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning Snoop and anyone else that is up and about Raining here and Frank is fast asleep already. Hope you're immune from the virus jay. Have a good day All
      Last edited by Florence Fennel; 26-10-2023, 07:38 AM.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        Dull and breezy here. Quite nippy infact.

Darn- that’s frustrating about the car Snoop. Hope it’s something simple .

Nothing organised for today so I think it’ll be a sorting and pottering day. Lots of little jobs which get overlooked indoors and out.

Enjoy your day peeps…
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Rain here as well Flo hopefully it'll ease of later we don't have the car today and I don't fancy getting soaked taking the trolley this morning.

Rary I hope your OH had a comfortable night.

enjoy your day.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all and thank you for the good wishes. Seems granddaughter is on better form this morning and no more new spots so it’s either still to come, it’s been a very mild case or it wasn’t chickenpox at all. Still any sign of it I’m calling the doctor.
            Dry here at the minute but who knows how long that will last. It’s still very mild too.
            Not much on the cards today, a bit of ironing…maybe. Hope Mr. Snoop’s car started for you Snoop!
            Enjoy the rest of your day folks!
            sigpic

Comment

• Darn Jay…you’ve only gone and reminded me of the fact I have a basket full of bedding needing ironing hidden in one of the bedrooms Maybe if it rains I’ll pop on a film and do a bit more…..

Comment

• Good morning.

A miserable, wet 8°C here. I think the rain is set in for the day... or even the week.

Did Mr Snoop have to walk part way home last night, Snoop? I have a vision of you both attacking it with branches Basil Fawlty style.

Rary, I hope Mrs Rary gets home to your tender loving care today.

Comment

• Yes, GF, he did have to walk part of the way home. Could have been worse, though. Only 20 minutes and it was bright moonlight. No boar on the way either.

The car is back home, but the engine keeps stuttering and occasionally stopping. Same problem as before, which we thought had been solved. Back to the mechanic's, assuming we can get it there.

Edited to add: It's a very frustrating problem but not so bad that we felt the need to take branches to it.
                  Last edited by Snoop Puss; 26-10-2023, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• The rain eased of so we've done the Grory hop its only a 10 min walk so no time at all. Did forget lamb steaks though
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Just taken delivery of my Grory Hop. It only took five minutes to put away - no time at all considering how much it cost! I feel sorry for people with children to feed, especially those who haven't been taught how to cook! I'm also considering whether to stop doing my goody bags for Saturnalia after this year. It's increased to four since my eldest GG has her own home and although I buy something each week from October to spread the cost, it's a bit much now I'm retired.

Comment

• Afternoon!
                        Flo, had you thought of making something like a single layered chocolate Victoria sponge like this for them instead?
                        https://www.delish.com/holiday-recip...b-cake-recipe/
                        Would that be easier or do they live too far away?
                        I used to make something similar and made spiders out of marshmallows and string liquorice legs.
                        I just spread melted chocolate over the top then icing sugar on top whilst still warm.
                        Nothing like a pie piece of homemade cake! Probably easier on the teeth too?
                        Last edited by Nicos; 26-10-2023, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Lovely cake Nicos, but I meant Crimble goody bags, sorry to confuse I fill giant bags with tins of sweets, biscuits, chocolate and nuts

Comment

• ****Miss Miss…she mentioned the C word ****^^^^

Comment

• Wow Flo…that really is a gift and a half!
                              Sorry - you did mention Saturnalia - my mistake x
                              Last edited by Nicos; 26-10-2023, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                ****Miss Miss…she mentioned the C word ****^^^^

As a mod, surely you're the miss if you spotted it first? Me, I'm doing nothing.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X