This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

Another one here who was too hot to sleep, we’ll be back to normal soon.
    My sunflowers are starting to collapse they always look kind of sad when that happens, but I’m saving the heads for the birds so they don’t go to waste.

enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Just come in to cool down.
      We have some wooden shutters so we’ve closed those on the south side of the house.
      We also had a roll of left over, what in effect, looks like silvered bubble wrap which we use inside the camper windows.
      OH has cut some some to size and tucked it behind the Velux blinds in the bedrooms and it’s made a lot of difference. I’m so glad we live in an old stone house….as you say Snoop, modern houses just don’t seem to have been built to cope with this sort of extreme.
      We have friend who have air conditioning but that’s just adding to the global problem

Anyone fancy a magnum?…only got a few mini ones left, and a few mint ones.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Had a visit to the dentist this morning, just a regular check-up and clean, all good till next time Grory hop on the way home. After a spot of lunch and a big pot of tea, I plan on doing nothing for the rest of the afternoon. It's just too hot. Roll on proper Autumn, I say.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good afternoon getting warmer here as well, though no problems at night and definitely no flannel required, if I get hot OH just tells me to get to sleep, as for the temperature overnight is about 11c so quite comfortable, I have been working at the raised bed and have sawn through several logs with more to do so that will keep me busy this afternoon, hope its not too warm for you and remember the elderly are better to keep cool
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• We're not delivering the birthday present until tomorrow as my sister has taken him out for the day for a birthday treat.

The car tax renewal arrived in the post this morning. I've just realised that there is no mention on the form any more about taxing at a post office. I don't know if you still can as even I have been doing it online for a couple of years now. I used to hate the really long queues at the post office, and in years before that I was the one who had to queue to tax my dad's lorry at the tax office as it was near my school. Five minutes with my phone and a debit card suits me..... but there must be people who struggle.

Yesterday I suddenly felt ancient. I was on my knees rooting around in the back of a kitchen cupboard and suddenly realised I was going to struggle to get back on my feet. Aaaarrrggghhh!🤯 My brain is still in a different decade.

Comment

• Good afternoon all, scorching here as well.
              Had a visit back to the eye surgeon this morning.
              He is very pleased and I needn't go back for another three weeks.
              Not done anything garden related other than watering the greenhouse .
              Will be colle ting my grandson from school shortly, do that's the eveni g spoken for.
              Enjoy the afternoon folks.

E

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Great news, bramble, great news. Bet you're pleased.

Comment

• Afternoon

Bramble I'm really pleased for you xx
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Fantastic news bramble!

Comment

• Bramble, I'm happy things are going well.

Comment

• Thank you all do much for your best wishes.
                        I have to say its Bern a tough journey.
                        looks a bit more positive now. 🤞

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright but cool out there this morning. No rain forecast for the next few days, but there's a hint of it in the forecasts for the middle of next week.

Mr Snoop and I have agreed to do a grory shop tomorrow, taking in the nursery where I can buy some plug plants. Feeling quite a bit more positive about the veg patch than I have been of late (all year...). We've also made the sad decision to call in the hunters to deal with the boar. It's becoming very aggressive with us and the dogs. Walking the dogs is becoming a perillous venture and it's coming right up to the house and lunging at us if it sees us. It's after the figs, which have burst after all the rain, so must be smelling very tempting to a boar. But if this is what it's like now, it's going to be much worse during mating season and when boarlets are about.

On the cards for today, go and pick up the car belonging to friend up the valley. It failed its MOT so he left it with a garage. Now passed, so we'll bring it home for him. Also on the cards, a ton of work. But going to clear the decks today so I can have tomorrow off for the shopping adventure.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I hope you get some meat from them Snoop? Yummy yum!
                            Enjoy buying your plug plants…little pots full of promise eh?…what are you planning on buying?

We’ve already done a couple of hours weeding the driveway. It’s in full sun all day so it had to be first thing to avoid getting heatstroke!. Plus the soil is damp under the gravel so they pulled out pretty easily.
                            Another scorchio out there today.

Our camper just needed new front wheel disc pads. Not too expensive fortunately.

Enjoy your day peeps….

Comment

• Good morning.

It's a warm and sticky one here and will definitely get hotter throughout the day. I'm going a short trip down the M1 to deliver my brother-in-law's birthday present around lunchtime. That will be fine as long as the aircon in the car is working. I don't think we've had it on more than half a dozen times this year. I usually end up with frozen fingers and toes. I might come back home via a particularly ice cream parlour if I can find it. It's on a farm, I can't remember it's name but I know the general area.

Comment

• Good morning a nice sunny day starting to heat up already, had Daisy staying with us last night, she has been quite ill the past two weeks and we kept her to give her a bit of rest from Rosie who kept giving her a wee nudge every so often not sure whither it was to see if she was alright or for playing, but had her along in at the play field when I heard barking coming from the wild fields, I thought possibly a fox, so put the lead back on to Daisy, heard it again so looked about till I discovered that it's the deer, there were several among the bushes, and evedently with all the barking, it must be coming into the rutting season, for those who haven't heard them their bark sounds like a dog, though not as continuous as a dog would bark.
                                I think I will have to contact the doctor to try and hurry on my appointment at the hospital for treatment of my carpal tunnel syndrome, I wear a brace on both hands overnight, as that's the only way I can get a night's sleep, but when I take them off sure enough within about three quarters of an hour my hand are numb with pins and needles, I would like to get it sorted before OH goes in for a new hip, just wondering, if it's like this just now what will it be like when we get old, just shows I think I am doing the right thing in altering the raised bed, though a bit of a struggle it will be worth it once I am old,
                                Glad thing are going well for you bramble, and Snoop I hope the weather settles down for you and you veg patch grows well, as for the boar, you do need to protect yourselves, the dogs and your property though possibly not what you want to do I think you are right in contacting the hunters
                                Well hopefully you will all have a good day and the more senior amongst you will take care in the heat
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X