X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all. Morning Bren and CG.

Sun shining through the gaps between big thick clouds this morning. Could do anything by the look of it. Though rain isn't due till Monday. Snow a small possibility. Certainly frosts, which will be a shock to the birds.

Not much else to report. More of the usuals. But no news is better than bad news. So no complaints from me.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

Not a very nice day out heavy rain/hail hitting the windows looks like its here for the day, so no gardening.

GF that's a good system at your surgery hopefully it will be implemented nation wide, its much better than listening to the countdown of were you are in the queue.

edited to say morning CG.
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 23-03-2024, 07:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning
    Is bread pudding the same as bread and butter pudding?

I don't think the weather has decided what it is going to do yet and has stuck with grey.
    Will I get anything done outside? It's a cold wind brrrr.

Kettle is on, help yourselves.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    GF I’ve never had bread pudding think I’ll have to it a go, I don’t like cream so I’ll be using just milk.

Thanks Flo.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Your hair looks nice Bren

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    I've just had my brother in law on the phone to say he loved the bread pudding and the clotted cream ice cream. I had to smile as he's convinced himself that it must be "healthy" as it's got dried fruit but hasn't got butter in it! Maybe now is not the time to mention the sugar and all the sugar and fat in the ice cream.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Sympathy like there, Flo. Hope it goes OK.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Sorry to hear your news Flo. Hope everything goes ok x

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Sunny here and quite breezy. We're going to a funeral this afternoon, our old neighbour. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Good morning. I rang up the surgery this morning at 8am for Mr GF. He has no rash, but his back is really itching. He has had this before and has had cream for it but I've none left and it is not on repeat prescription. When the surgery answered I discovered they have implemented a new system. Supposedly while you are waiting (I was number 42 in the queue) you can press 8 and when it gets to your number in the queue they will ring you back. I was, to say the least, sceptical but 20 minutes later they rang back. I explained the problem. The doctor will ring us later today and either prescribe more cream over the phone or if he thinks it's necessary to see his non-existant rash he'll ask us to call in. Isn't it marvellous when a new system actually works!

It is windy here today but the sun is trying to find gaps in the clouds and keeps peeping out.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 22-03-2024, 09:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Sleet/ snow CG? Just goes to show!
    As hoped, today was the last call by the nurses. Even Hibou has been confused as to why our alarm has gone off so early for the past 10 days. She seems to think it’s her roll to wake us up!

We have drizzle at the moment so if it eases up I’ll do a bit more on the gravel path next to the patio. It’ll need scraping to one side soon to lay an electricity cable, so I’d rather be tugging out the weeds whilst they are easy to see. Damp is good - they’ll pull out easier!
    Last edited by Nicos; 22-03-2024, 08:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Morning
    The weather doesnt know what to do today either, we have gone from bright sunshine, to rain and now I see blue sky again.
    Errands to do and decide what to eat later.
    Sleet/snow forecast for the weekend

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning

It looks like being a dry sunny day here. The robins still coming in and out of the lean-too so the nests not abandoned like previous years.

No real plans for the day apart from I'm having my hair cut later then calling in at the library on the way back.

enjoy your day

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    I spotted the smiles just now- how come they set off so early Snoop?
    They went off to inspect the blossom on our pear and peach trees. They look lovely at the moment but I told the smiles they'd better make the most of the opportunity this morning because the flowers are unlikely to last. Frosts starting up again on Sunday. Our plum trees and the quince and fig trees are just bursting into leaf as well.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Bright at the moment and supposedly should stay like this all day. The rain forecast for next week has already halved...

Mr Snoop off out for a grory hop today. Me, I'll be working away. One of our farmer friends came round yesterday. He and his wife have recently retired. He's rejuvenated. His wife was our butcher and a lovely woman. Never had a holiday, worked all hours including the weekend. We were sorry, as was the whole village, when she closed her shop, but no-one would be begrudge her her life now. She's got a pair of new knees and she's off gadding about left, right and centre. With any luck that'll be me soon I hope, but gardening, not gadding.

Anyway, busy day so better get a move on. I've just made tea so help yourselves.

Have a great day, everyone.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X