Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good afternoon everyone,was woken up with a message on the phone,time 11.15 am,i sure needed that sleep,and my text ,them smiles are made stronger by my gratefull thanks for their visits,they dined well,and are now on the way to others hehehe,said jam is better this afternoon,but 9 jars is not enough,so more HAS to be made next week,i still have a few other jams from the old place,another use for jam is,put a good dollop in your cake batter,it takes just a little longer to bake,but tastes great,and very slightly sticky, when my oven is on tomorrow i will have a baking up for the freezer,had to put the heating on last night,i feel cold now,but will resist,go find somat to do that involves movement,as for green tomato chutney,i only made one large batch a few years ago,did not like it,am sure it upset my tummy a little,Rary you sound like a very caring young man,time for me to move ,have a lovely rest of the day and remember to Bgood2yourselves
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all. A beautifully sunny morning but only 7°C. I was awake really early but stayed in bed until the sun came up pondering the question why, if two people and/or animals snuggle up together, do they get hot and give off heat. Why can't we save that heat to use later?
      I didn't give myself any good answers so I've put the central heating on.

I'm going to call and drop off some of last nights cottage pie for one of the elderly relatives and check on him this morning and then if it's warmed up a bit I'll go and pick more apples.

I did the grory hop yesterday so have got a 'fridge full of choices including two of my favourite foods, blue cheese and chocolate....not together.

Time for another coffee.

Comment

• Good morning all.
        A bright but chilly morning.
        I need to go shopping to pick up a few bits and bobs.
        I also need to pick up some birthday cards.
        Not a lot else on the cards other than domestics.
        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

It was bright and autumnal earlier. Now it's grey and very autumnal. Hmm. Might hold off watering in the hope a bit of rain later.

My list of jobs isn't quite as long as it was yesterday. Might even get most of them done by the end of the week.

Mr Snoop did one of those Covid self-tests this morning. Says he's feeling terrible, including aching joints and tingling... Test came up negative but he says he's not convinced and will do another test tonight. Fingers crossed.

Right, better get on with the show. Not sure what time the smiles left but I guess they're on their usual rounds.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Definitely fingers crossed for Mr Snoop🤞. Maybe it's a bad cold or flu. Regardless I hope he feels better soon and isn't generous with it. There are times when sharing is not a pleasant word😱. I've delivered some of the cottage pie I made last night and sorted out a few things for an elderly in-law. Mr GF is feeling under the weather today and could only be coaxed into going out after I warmed the car up in advance.

Comment

• Afternoon

Had my Flu jab this morning then a bit of shopping and baking, loaves and cobs so the house does smell good.

Fingers crossed for MrSnoop xx
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon all,i think it is a little warmer than yesterday,but is also getting dark very much earier,just finished with my cooking,some for family,a bit for MY freezer,and some for another cake sale at my group,doing a lot at once should use less electric,as the oven is already warm for the next lot,all thats left to do is,a bit of tyding up,phew,i can relax now thats out the way,Snoop i hope your MR is ok,
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening, it has been a nice dry day again, unfortunately OH wanted to do some shopping this morning, so that stopped any plans that I had, though to be honest there wasn't much on the agenda, other than avoid housework I had put my camera in for repair four or five weeks ago so called in to see if it was ready to be picked up, unfortunately no, not repaired, so I have the option to wait till its repaired or get a voucher for replacement, I really don't know what's went wrong, I have always been careful with the camera, so for it to go wrong for no reason makes me think I will go for a replacement, will need to think on this. Once back home and had lunch, I went out to the field and collected some tree branches, so they have been sawn and stacked, but must admit to thinking I will need to consider collecting thinner branches☹️ then on the other hand it was raining last week perhaps that made the branches heavier 😏 Snoop I hope OH feels better and LD you really cheer me up with the young man bit just wondering how you found out that I am so much younger than than most of the Grapes ​​​​​​, wishing you all a good day tomorrow and remember to spread a little happiness by passing on a smile Goodnight

​​​​​
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good night all.
                    Sorry to hear some peeps OH are feeling under der the weather.
                    Hopefully, a better dsy in store for tomorrow.

Lottie, you really have been busy, good for you but, dont overdo it.

spent the afternoon topping up all my containers of daffodils with fresh compost.
                    They are now out from under the balcony and the containers of lilys are stored away in their place.
                    The temp has really dropped tonight and the nights are getting darker.
                    Sleep well all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning. Where is everybody? Having an extra farty winks?

The washer is on. It wasn't going on this morning until Mr GF had an accident with some yoghurt and fruit puree.....what a mess! His clothes went in the washer, along with a cushion cover and the oddments in the laundry basket as I presume the yoghurt will smell like sour milk if left to warm up.

My Bay leaves are dry now so I'll go and post a big A4 envelope full to my niece. This will probably bring a smile to my local postmaster's face as we usually have a guessing game about what I'm posting and he never wins. The four Christmas puddings....in September, made him smile.
                      Last edited by greenishfing; 29-09-2022, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all,
                        A cold morning but its dry.
                        Getting my flu jab later so going to get domestics done in case of a sore arm.
                        Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

Basil seeds don't seem to do very well for me this time of your instead I pinch out the top 3 or 4inch from plants popping them in water then pot on once its got good roots. It does fairly well on a south facing windowsill.

Thanks so much for this advice....I can now see roots on my cuttings! It took 9 or 10 days.
                          Last edited by greenishfing; 29-09-2022, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                            Good morning. Where is everybody? Having an extra farty winks?
                            Ermm... No, but I did have a good guggle at that.

Mr Snoop is on better form than expected this morning. Nothing like ordering a new phone for his birthday present to cheer him up. Anyway, he's going to do another test later on just in case we need to be isolating.

Did some gardening this morning with the latest elderly cat in attendance. Nice to see her out and about. The smiles enjoyed her company, though I'm not sure how well she could see them. She's definitely on the deaf side and looks like she needs a soft diet now, as the biscuits are proving difficult for her to deal with. Still enjoying life, though, when there's no Frankie about.

Good stuff on the bulbs and bay leaves, guys. Both signs of changing seasons. All my 'Mediterranean' veg plants are well and truly finished now. A few weeks earlier than usual. What a rubbish year we've had here. The new brassicas are looking jolly, though. The birds and last of the butterflies certainly think they look tempting...

Loads to do, as per. So better get a move on. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon all,had to put the heating on,i feel so cold,that made me smile GF ref farty winks LD sniggers,thankyou Bramble,i do try to look after myself,as i have many years left to live yet hehehe,things just take longer,am of out in a bit to my tea dance group,it is a coffee and cake sale this one,and Rary,you are a puppy compared to me,hahaha,thats a good idea Bren,would a new thread be worth doing,for things that can be done by this method,like that ,tom side shoots,sweet pea,there are several,it might just encourage others to give it a go ,and get extras for free,i also do my tradiscantia ??,a lovely purple one,and the baby spider plants,a few month ago,i put a sweet potato in water,and had success,but wrong time of year,also some brought leek bottoms with the bottom bulb bit still on,it grew,i know there must be lots out there,anyway up,have a good afternoon,catch up later

Comment

• Afternoon

Lottie good idea for a ‘how to thread’ will sort one out next time I’m on my PC.

Bramble every flu jab leaves me with arm ache usually lasting 3-4 days. MrP never has a problem so i feel a bit of a wuss. never mind we can’t all be the same.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X