This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Perishing cold night and a very hard frost, but quite warm in the sun at the moment.

Have decided to cut up the duck in the end. So that's on the cards for today, along with a bit of work so I can get a running start at the new year.

Mr Snoop's best joke this morning: what do witches use for viewing distant galaxies? The Hubble Bubble Telescope.
    I can hear you all groaning from here...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all from a very mild Dublin.
      No plans for the day so will take it as it comes.
      I was gifted some jigsaws for Christmas so started one yesterday evening.
      That will keep me going as it will be a quiet new years eve.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Late start for me. Hibou brought us a ‘midnight snack’ at stupido’clock.fr …..a leaf!
        She must have found it in the logs OH brought in for burning.
        Actually we often find insects flying around the lounge having been brought in on the wood - so they get to go back outdoors to find somewhere else to hide/ hibernate.

OH is busy bread making and, to be honest , I fancy a couple of days of just blobbing . Finishing off my jigsaw etc.
        Guilt may get the better of me again though….

No plans for tonight….we actually prefer to welcome the New Year in with a yummy meal on New Years Day rather than stay up til midnight and open a bottle of fizz. But we’ll see how we feel once it hits bedtime
        Anyone got any plans or traditions? I know with semi lockdown things will tend to be different.

Right…surely it’s time for another brew?
        I have a few IKEA ginger biscuits left so do feel free to help yourselves ( Actually I may make some more today once OH has finished with the oven as they only take 5 mins to bake- the last of the defrosted biscuit dough needs using up)

Enjoy your day whatever mischief you get up to
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, we are usually in bed by the bells!! Can’t remember the last time we saw in the New Year.
          Hope it’s a good one for everyone and wishing you all health, happiness and good growing! x
          sigpic

Comment

• I'm not really a fan of the fizzy stuff but I've just remembered that there's a mini bottle taking space in the fridge (probably since my birthday in March) so maybe we'll share that tonight before bed.....curtains not here yet....

Comment

• I’m willing for your curtains to arrive gf!….

Comment

• Dunelms usually send a rough time for delivery,i have found them not to bad,the ones i have a problem with is{ very},am still waiting for my new bedside table to match the robe and chest of draws,going back aprox 6 months,yes,i have been on to them several times,and threatened with trading standards,they were due to come again 2 weeks ago,then i gets and email to say,they cannot yet again,i did get sent the other week a chech for £15 as i complained that much,thats the gust of it anyhow,as for new year,am being picked up for tea,then all my little family bubble are at the granddaughters to,play games and nibbles and see in new year,
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Your table is probably coming from abroad, LD, most likely from Vietnam, and world shipping has a huge backlog still, plus transport of shipping containers by road from the docks is still hit by lack of HGV drivers. My brother ordered a table and it took nearly eight months to arrive.
                  Last edited by mothhawk; 31-12-2021, 03:56 PM.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good evening all. Got lots done in the garden today.
                    Nothing happening here for new year in the current situation.
                    We usually go out with friends not this year.
                    Have a lovely evening whatever you're doing and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, hope every one is well, some shopping this morning, bought a cold rub at the chemist's for OH to try hope this works as things are not improving, have suggested trying a cyropracter? to see if that would help, but she says no I would rather have this myself than OH suffering, but then I would be a better patient​​​​​​.
                      Also set up interlinked fire and carbon monoxide alarms as that is now what is required in Scotland, and ofcourse they are more expensive than ordiznary fire alarms, which I have left in place, but no doubt it will be the first question insurance companies will ask, if I get water damage to a carpet it will be "do you have interlinked fire alarms? No, sorry you are not insured" ah well they are now fitted so no more moaning
                      Have a good evening, keep safe and I wish you all, good gardening, in the new year
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Where did you buy the alarms rary?
                        sigpic

Comment

• Jay, I bought a FireAngel one from Amazon for my camper van. It cos about £26
                          Last edited by Nicos; 01-01-2022, 02:42 AM.

Comment

• Thanks Nicos, Will have a look at Amazon. Fire Angel rings a bell. The new law in Scotland means we have to have interlinked alarms (not yet sure how many we will need), a carbon monoxide detector and also a heat detector in the kitchen. This is going to cost around £200 for battery operated alarms and a lot more for hardwired alarms. We already have two non linked hardwired alarms but have to add interlinked ones. It’s crazy and costly!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Morning all and Happy New Year!
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Happy New Year everybody.

I can't say I'm on the best of moods due to non-appearance of a certain pair of curtains but I'm not going to let it ruin my weekend, I'll just seethe quietly. I'm not sure what annoyed me more. The fact that they didn't arrive yesterday or the fact that they never told me that they weren't going to and I stayed in all day. The latter I think.😡😤🤯😡. Why no emoji for spitting feathers?
                                I generally rate a company on how it behaves when things go wrong. So far Dunelm are on a very low rating.

Caveat Emptor and all that!

13°C here and dark. I think coffee is called for.
                                Last edited by greenishfing; 01-01-2022, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X