This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

I'm afraid the sun is here. And it looks like I might be hogging it for a few days. The weathermen have obviously changed their mind, as the forecast yesterday was for gloom and grey for the rest of the week. The smiles are skipping about at the moment, enjoying the twinkling of the frost. Frankie has retired to the warmth of the bedroom, so it won't be long before the smiles decide to head off in your directions. He's obviously acquiring a bit more cat savviness, though he's as violent as ever. On the positive side, he had me laughing the other day. I had the pinger on a table outside with me while I was baking some bread and it went off. He kept looking under the table and up and around in the air to find the bird making the noise. Sad in some respects, though, as it suggests he's had a bird. I'd much rather he concentrated on rodents.

Anyway, a special delivery of smiles heading over to you, LD, along with a basketful of hugs.

Busy day ahead, workwise. So better get a move on.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Good to hear from you Lotty, hope things improve for you.

No sun here, in fact it's quite dull but dry,
      Nothing particular on the cards today so I may walk to the library and the post office.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good day all,thankyou for the smiles,good wishes,and hugs,my emotions are not only my loss,but the move,and no more worry or nonsence from the youngest,family are coming for the big dinner at mine this year,everyone will be putting in,i have already said,my job is the yorkshire puddings,sounds like it will be a family carvery style,am looking forwards to that,hopefully will be 4 generations of us,have already said,no presents,only for the GGkids,am also hoping to meet my other 3 GGkids,not to far away,just for a short visit,yes indeed Snadger,what to get,MY 5 GG's range from about 8.5 to about 18 months,maybe a book,????? remind me again,where time goes to,thanks again for your support
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Snadge…. How about hot water bottles with fun/ fluffy covers?

Good for snuggling
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon, a cold wet day today so unable to get any work done in the garden, I did lift roots of some mints, apple, spear and plain mint, they are for someone who wants some strong smelling plants to put into a community garden for people who suffer from dementia, evedently the mint will need to be controlled, but hopefully it is of use, anyway, took OH shopping then walked the dogs, had a visit from bil, with his grandson and girlfriend, have also just discovered that it's the English school mid term, after booking a couple of days in the Lake District, bad timing I think, however will make the best of it, enjoy the day and keep safe
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening all.

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
              ...but what do you buy an 8 year old and a 10 year old?
              I'm sure I'll sort summat out!
              Have a look at wicked uncle, Snadge, it will give you some ideas.
              https://www.wickeduncle.co.uk/?gclid...waAm70EALw_wcB

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.
                Lovely pink sunset yesterday evening, so I'm hoping for a sunny, or at least pleasant day today.

There's been an update on the landfill gas mitigation around our leisure centre. It's been upgraded to a "major incident" which means the fire brigade and police have been notified, and instead of relying on the public obeying the request to stay off the playing fields (and the majority of dog walkers didn't), barricades have been put in place to prevent all access.
                In addition to the planned work, they are now going to dig 14 "monitoring points" to ascertain current methane levels, and install a flare pipe to channel any gases safely into the atmosphere. More global warming, then. And of course, windows and doors to be kept shut. Quite why I don't know, since nothing has been said about being outside in the garden all day.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Blue and chilly out there. The forecast says bright for the next few days and gloomy thereafter. Shame I'm stuck indoors at the moment with more work than I want to think about.

The smiles have been lingering in the kitchen this morning but I've just shooed them out with instructions to go out and play while the weather's good. So they should be with you soon. Hope they take a bit of sunshine with them for you.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Nice link there MH!

yesterday was a bit of a rollercoaster day and today will be ( hopefully ) flu vaccine day.
                    But if a late start for me so I’ve not even thought about breakfast yet, never mind getting the kettle on!
                    So - anyone care to join me?

I like the idea of the community garden rary- it’s lovely to hear/ see communities pulling together.

Bet get that kettle on and the washing machine earning a living!

See ya later peeps…

Comment

• Mornin Snoop - I’d appreciate a short stop over en route …nothing like a bit of sunshine and smiles eh?

Comment

• Sorry, mothhawk, didn't see you there. That sounds like a right palaver.

Comment

• Morning

Nice link Mothhawk plenty of gifts to chose from, I was reading earlier on the BBC about your leisure centre not good for those in the area.

A dull and damp day here so I'd welcome a bit of sunshine.

Bramble did you get your shoes sorted?

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                            Sorry, mothhawk, didn't see you there. That sounds like a right palaver.
                            I missed that post too…sorry.

Hopefully it’s all a bit of an overreaction.
                            My in-laws​​​​​​’s house backed onto a large playing field which used to be the site of an old brickworks in Victorian times. The large clay pit was filled in with household rubbish collected by the council over at least a couple of decades.
                            That too leaked methane and monitors were put up all over the place.
                            The local residents flatly refused to allow them to be placed in their gardens as they knew it would affect the value of their houses.
                            After a few years the monitors and most of the breathers were removed as it was deemed minimal risk in the end.
                            But talk about panic at the time.
                            Not a good situation at all

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                              Morning

Nice link Mothhawk plenty of gifts to chose from, I was reading earlier on the BBC about your leisure centre not good for those in the area.

A dull and damp day here so I'd welcome a bit of sunshine.

Bramble did you get your shoes sorted?

Enjoy your day.

Bren, we went to Wexford last week for a few days and I came upon a shop that sold shoes of all colours and heel heights.
                              My dress colour is fuschia and they had a pair of shoes exactly the same colour.
                              Couldn't believe my luck. That's another thing off the list,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. Bright and breezy and 10 degs.
                                Laundry dryingoutin thebresze.
                                More raking the leaves which are really late falling this year.
                                Nothing particular on the cards at the moment.
                                Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...